Background Image

Thoughts on Current State of The Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Jun 20, 2018.

1. My only gripe with plasma is it can be fired much faster than any other gun and there is no penalty for overheating. The whole Imperium has magically mastered plasma in 8th edition is really dumb in my book. Yes I realize you cant shoot anymore but honestly it should hurt you to overheat a plasma gun/pistol.
  2. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

A change in the heat mechanic wouldn't matter to much to me since I almost exclusively use the single fire charged shots on my felwrought, makes a great elephant gun. I think this would only further cement the bolter as king of all guns though.
  3. Standard Shuriken pistol is the only way to go, it's incredibly fast rate of fire is incredibly forgiving and allows you to track your enemy with ease. They should just remove smart pistols in general but in particular the Eldar's pea shooter version.

I'd go so far as to say that it has 'more dakka' than Ork pistols in rate of fire, where it falls short is damage but that doesn't matter because agility does most of the damage work for you, the pistol is just to finish off an already weakened target.

Also on the odd occasion I've out gunned Tacticals with this pistol alone which is quite funny.
  4. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

Really? the shuriken pistol is a disaster.. least the bolt pistols when they connect do fantastic damage, and Ork pistols with their high damage and large mags are easily the best pistols in the game, I have no fear with my dakka slugga. meanwhile the shuriken pistol just sprays rounds that do little damage all over the place.. I can't see outgunning a tac with one unless that tac is just blind
  5. Try using it with the Scorpion, it compliments the class wonderfully. Evade away while they Dbash, toss in a couple of shots up close before evading back in if those shots didn't finish them off.

Bolt pistols are good up close, even in the air once you've got it down but not nearly as good as Dakka Slugga even with reduced damage the automated fire more than makes up for it. I dono I just like all three side arms and apply them differently dependent on the situation.

I even trick runners into thinking I'm an Avenger by shooting them in the back, when they turn with tactics in mind to kill an Avenger and are met with a Scorpion? that 'sense' of pannic is priceless, and by then they've already been softened up for the kill.

Shuriken Pistol does the job, not nearly as well as the Dakka Slugga but agility totally than makes up for that.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Shuriken Pistol and Zip-Slugga are mostly identical, safe for clip-size and LP-cost. Which is also why I simply want an extended mag-mod(+100%, 30LP) for the SP, because I like the Zip-Slugga.

I would also, despite all it's flaws, still like the Fusion-pistol if it wasn't such a waste of LP. It should really be no more than 50/70, just like the Shuri.

Bolt-Pitols make for a better primary-replacement but I would agree that the SP feels more fit as a melee-sidearm.
  7. There would be so many ways to make the Plasma-Concept interesting.
    Virtualy at the beginning of Plasma Weapons back in Alpha i suggested that you can "safely" fire the Weapon till the overheat-meter is full. After that you still can fire, but you have a high chance of the gun malefunctioning (The same stun you get when you cook a shot too long)

Would make for an interesting gamble, venting or putting that 1-2 shots required still into your target?
  8. Could be an idea I just feel its too safe...
  9. All plasma used to be a risk reward system. You risk killing yourself for a high str high pen weapon.
  10. acepost acepost Active Member

Deathwing Termintaor's got Heavy Flamer! Just for your info if you think you need flamer action.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.