Background Image

Thoughts on Current State of The Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

No, see, thats just because of lag. Just like with Njord, Thraxxus and everybody else who used to complain about the 'ranged crutch'. They'd be totally kicking ass as Tacticals if they wanted to and the fact alone that they can even play at a consistent 10000+ ping basically makes them demigods.
    DaHatebringa likes this.
  2. As painful an experience as it is the multi faceted strategy too vast and varied to really even touch on that is a fundamental requirement prior to mastering and actually doing well in melee is actually quite enjoyable. And if anyone thinks melee is just 'rmb spam' their either doing it wrong or too used to just holding down lmb to win which is why you don't see any of these people playing melee. I mean why bother when ranged is just so damn easy.

One, I'm not in a guild so I don't have anyone to hold my hand -it's so sad!- So I got my own back in a sea of pugs. Also my wife won't let me use a mic head set, it annoys her so that's kindof out lol.

Two, cash is a bit tight lately for personal reasons so I've had to adapt and bind my lmb to capslock which makes life with a shoota a bit tough. Which funnily enough is what kindof got me into melee in the first place, if it wasn't for my mouse's hardship I doubt I'd have taken the time to get into melee so for that I'm greatful as I'm actually really enjoying it.

Three, I don't actually like ranged game play any more as I find it boring compared to melee? a legitimate reason I feel.

Four, I'd like to see these people do as well as I do without the years of training 1 second behind real time that I have;
    upload_2018-7-2_23-19-47.png
    ^what it must be like to consistently get matches around 25ms. I'd imagine it'd be a bit like playing as John Carter;

[​IMG]

Five, why my gameplay experience so important to everyone continues to mystify me. I mean it's not like I'm somehow the only real consciousness in this existence in an ancestor simulator and everyone else are just npc's in some simulated reality created for the player character I occupy, surely not . . . How horribly lonely that would be, not to mention narcissistic of me and just horrible for you!

Story time's over for now.
    DaHatebringa likes this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sakes another sim that thinks he's real...

Gonna have to flush this ancestor sim soon..
    I mean it's not like its done anything significant up to now.. its been running for years and these sims still havent figured out how to use the 3 shells..
  4. lawl, I'd almost forgotten that Demolition Man reference;

Catnium likes this.