Background Image

There are no plans to add sonic weaponry to the game.

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Volla, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

Just because you don't think it should doesn't make it so. Necrotic means decaying...which means it is blessed by Nurgle. Just because the devs forget to make it restrictive doesn't make it unaffiliated. Why else would it be Poisonous with Deathguard colors and "filled with a spirit of entropy"?

Are you also gonna imply that the plasma pistol that tells you in the description that it is Slaaneshi-based isn't just because other Marks can use it?
  2. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

In the Tabletop only Nurgle units can have blight grenades and Deathguard are the ones who invented them in the lore. Post-heresy Khorne Berzerkers are the only unit in all of 40k who still use chainaxes, not even to mention the unique Chainaxe that is intended for MoK units.

Other than sonic weapons only inferno-bolters are missing which is more likely due to Rubricae being unique to the TS rather than a specific cult troop like berserkers, Plague marines, and noise marines
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

mostly coz tzeentch is a cunt and won't usually give his mark to just a marine.
    TS are the exception because of that spell thingy Ariman did .. rubic something ..
    so essentially every MoT marine in EC is a walking lore violation
  4. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Because Inferno Bolts are the purview of Rubric Marines and their sorcerer's specifically.

Plenty of daddy-issue marines have Tzeentch's favor, but Thousand Sons exclusively have Inferno Bolts.
  5. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Even in TT Chain axe can be taken by anyone that has access to the chaos armory. It's a really generalist weapon. Only Cologne Berzerkers have it by default but it's not strictly their weapon.

Blight grenades are from plague marines death guard, but it's part of the chaos arsenal, not necessarely limited to plague marines.

Plague knife is the only thing from the list that is strictely Plague marine. Not even Nurgle marines, only plague marines have it.

The issue with this game, is that sometimes it seems cult troop for something, while on others they count as just troops with marks.

And even from TT perspective they are quite different.
  6. Shiani Brujah Preacher

True, but then due to their limited number it's not at all uncommon for the Thousand Sons to perform mercenary work for other Legions, most often the Black Legion. It's hardly a great stretch to suggest this is what's going on when the player drops Mark of Tzeentch onto their toon.
    It's some distance below the stretches required for virtually everything else that happens in this game, at least.

Though if the intention is to implement Cult Subfactions further down the line (and they should), then it would make more sense to leave this until then.
  7. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

I agree in terms of balance and fun stuff, but a Rubric should really be an elite, they're an entirely new ball of wax.

I wouldn't complain if they did some form of NOTInferno Bolt.
  8. Well, I asked on the twitch about Sonic being a Grav analogue and all I got was a "I could go into it, but no." so I guess it means Noise Marine is earmarked for Elites or Sonic has been GeeDubs'd. Either that or Grav gameplay is LSM only forever, or they actually believe the LSM who say Grav is worthless and are trying to protect us.

Either way, the dream is dead. This quiet shall continue to offend Slaanesh.
    ChristofNihilus likes this.
  9. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

To be honest even tho its a good idea to quickly get us noise weaponry there is 2 big issues i see
    1st: Sonic weaponry is known for mass murdering, making it a grav cannon would offend slaanesh far more than any quiet and the best thing is, as it would have a cone of damage it would have EVEN LOWER damage than the grav cannon to compensate for hitting multiple targets because it isnt just a purple laser you know, its that high pitch noise that makes a delicious jam out of marine brains

2nd: Only way i can see noise marines being made the way they should is as veterans indeed, pretty much some sort of trinket that makes you join emperors children(because they MUST be in game as devs stated before certain chaos warbands will be meant for the vets) or just the noise weaponry that you can only equip with the vet version of slaanesh mark and even so i want them, i can see the nightmare those will be to balance(unless they get ridiculously low range) because of the medium-high damage and cone shaped AoE on front of the gun, a idea i got is that its performance would be great, but overheating and ammo consumption would be very high too

But EVEN so props to you for asking them, at least we got an answer on that so that hopefully one day we get proper NOISE