Background Image

The Whole Names Thing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vintage, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Is this "naming" restriction a good idea?

1. Name restrictions was a good choice

84 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. Yeah, not a good idea....

27 vote(s)
    24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Having the name restrictions might fustrate some but it'll be a good thing down the road.

And it seems like the votes agree.
    Cronty, Capital_G and Vintage like this.
  2. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

Well since the vote lacks options we don't know what they're agreeing to. For example they may want lore-names blocked but they might have a different opinion about Username/non-rp names etc.
  3. Its mainly referring to name restrictions in general. Btw is there a way to add an option after thread has been already created? For some reason I remember hearing that somewhere
    Dark-Knight likes this.
  4. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

I don't think so, you might have to contact a mod or something. Or make another thread poll, lock the thread after the first post and link it here.
  5. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

And those people could have not voted, but either way more people are for some sort of restriction system then without. Having more options would have helped but I don't see it changing much.

@Vintage you'd have to make a new thread to add options, unfortunately.
    Vintage likes this.
  6. bigcracker bigcracker Arkhona Vanguard

Name restrictions was a good choice, I support this fully.
    Capital_G and Phelan_Stonewolf like this.
  7. This is stupid, there is no way this will end well. Everyone is thinking that this will be great, now there won't be any weird names, and it is like I'm really fighting in the 41st millennium, yay! But guess what that won't last long. Eventually you'll see someone named like Abraham Lincoln, emancipating Orks from their heads. You'll get pissed, complain and then we can't use real life names, we got to be just like 40k.

So what do you name your characters? Are we going to force all Ultramarine players to exclusively choose Grek and Roman names, because people will only think of so many before they have to go off the deep-end and do completely random names that none of them want to choose. Will Space Wolves have to choose Nordic and Scandinavian names? And then you have the Blood Angels and Dark Angels, who, surprisingly, have many of their named characters named after Christian biblical names of angels and devils and characters from other Christian related fiction like Faust and such.

I'm only doing space amrines because I can't even wrap my mind around Eldar and Chaos, Orks are easy though. This will not end well at all, believe me.

There's only so many names to choose from, my name is feakin' Orion, do have any idea how many more Orions there will be? Many, that's how much.
  8. Kaptin Primorkagorka DaKaptin Well-Known Member

Wot eff wez don't stop da namin, but not ave multiple namez dat ez da same. One per playah, n dat da guild names ez regulated so dez ezn't seen by da ova playahz eff dey don't want ta. Den wez leave da rest ta da playahz ta do da roight fing.
    Soundz good?
  9. Mikey 4tonmantis Menial

Great.. sanctimonious assholes shoving their point of view down my throat.. just what I needed in my gaming experience.
    If I want to name my Eldar David Bowie.. then that's my choice.. as a point of fact, that's what I named him (if the names we created actually mean anything). This is NOT an RPG. Claims about immersion are silly nonsense. Immersion? In this game.. in this genre? Maybe in the Batman Arkham games but this is a button mashing killfest. If the devs are looking for a way to keep the pop count low they have found it.
  10. Kojiro Abenobashi Well-Known Member

Exarch David Bowie of the Street Dancers Shrine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.