Background Image

The Whole Names Thing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vintage, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Is this "naming" restriction a good idea?

1. Name restrictions was a good choice

84 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. Yeah, not a good idea....

27 vote(s)
    24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/naming-conventions-for-guilds-and-characters.22509/

(Couldnt quote it, so just posted the link.)

(There more than likely is already another thread about this, but surprisingly I didn't find one)

I SINCERELY hope that the devs arnt serious about this... I mean come on people.

Are we SO stuck up about 40k that we even have to restrict names? Seriously? I realize that crazy names like "XxX420BLAZEITXxX" breaks immersion and all that other nonsense, but COME ON.

THIS

IS

A

VIDEO

GAME

I'm not pinning the blame on the devs for this, they merely tried to make us, the gamers, satisfied. If something is gonna be locked, make sure there is a good reason behind it other than "It breaks immersion" or "IT BREAKS THE LORE SO BAAAAD". I'm not saying I want this game to be so broke away from the lore that there are tau that are on equal footing against a space marine in melee or for there to be female space marines (We all know how those threads end up).

But this is an MMO. You create YOUR character. So what if some guy/kid names himself Horus or after one of the primarchs? We are all smart enough people to KNOW its not the REAL HORUS...

(As for the guild name restrictions, I feel I can adjust to that.)

Come on people...lighten up a bit....

Ps:I have a feeling that this topic may be very..."delicate" so lets please try NOT to flame on this...Expression of opinions is one thing, don't over do it.
  2. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

Everything goes in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium.
    WarSon likes this.
  3. I agree with the barring of nonsense names, troll names, and plain idiotic names, but banning lore names on a game that is owned by the same damn company, who cares. If player wishes to name themselves after their favorite character, so what. You think in an entire galaxy two people can't have the same or similar names, come on.

I have no personal stake in this, as I made up my own, but suffice to say that they will never be the fictional character they pretend to be, and their attempts shouldn't bother you.
    Ctan_Overlord and Vintage like this.
  4. Nothv13 Nothv13 Master

I say good. And to the people that this effects, get more creative on your names.
  5. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

Not using the lore names is, and this is my own view, quite possibly something GW asked for.
  6. From what I have read, that is incorrect. The restriction was placed because certain forum members kept complaining about how it would ruin their immersion.
  7. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

You're stifling my creativity with your fascist edicts!
  8. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

Honestly I kind of want to use this name for a Guardsman (and I have a feeling it'd probably get approved despite not being the most original name ever ;) ) but somehow I get the feeling someone else is going to snatch it long before IG gets in the game...
    Partisan likes this.
  9. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

The Warpsmith likes this.
  10. This is a fother mucking video game! Game and name free or go home.
    This has been a message from the Tau.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.