Background Image

The Vaults Of Terra - "what Have We Here..."

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VaultsofTerra, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Hi Guys

For those who don't know who I am and have stumbled into this thread because of a mis-click, my name is Ed and I am a 40k Lore nerd.

In fact, I'm such a 40k lore nerd I have a YouTube channel dedicated to explaining the lore of Warhammer 40,000 to those who may have heard of it, but have never looked beyond their board/video game. I'm currently on a run explaining the Space marines, but soon we will be moving on to the Imperial Guard and their many (squishy) facets. Its only taken a year and a half to get here...

I've been a 40k fan for about 16 years, spent a lot of time with the lore and playing the games, some certainly better then others. I do love the grim darkness setting, because it is very unique in sci-fi, being so far in the future, being so iconic, and also being so huge that it rivals Tolkien's works in terms of scale, hence why I keep coming back for more.

Anyway, I must say I'm looking forward to Eternal Crusade, what I've seen looks great. However, I'm also aware that this game needs to walk the fine line between being a good game and honoring the background, because beware if you screw this up, 40k fan boys become Khorne Berserkers when enraged (Both literally and metaphorically), so i'm watching with cautious optimism.

Anyway, I look forward to the discussions on these forums.

If you are a new 40k Lore nerd and some of this crazy lore is really not making sense the you can go to Vaults of Terra and maybe I can answer your questions.

OK sales pitch is over. See you out there :).

Lord_Zial_Ghoul, Pos, Anvael and 13 others like this.
  2. hey man nice to see you here!
  3. Primarch.Magnus palin2004 Arkhona Vanguard

Been watching your episodes for a while, Welcome!
  4. Good to see viewers, thanks for the welcome :)
  5. Stretch Stretch Subordinate

Welcome to the Community!
    Just checked out the channel and subscripted! ...Really useful! :)
  6. SonOfLorgar SonOfLorgar Well-Known Member

You put a lot of work in these mate , respect! Nice channel!
  7. I love your channel Ed, Welcome
    IrishIronGutt likes this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

nice to see here i really appreciate your videos.
  9. Hail Ed, i cant believe i haven't seen this earlier! Love all your vids and thanks for answering all my question i throw at you! Hail Brother! For the Glory of Sanguinius!!!
  10. qbc1234 qbc1234 Subordinate

Welcome to the forum Brother Ed, the database of knowledge your are compiling pleases the Omnissiah. Praise to the Emperor and the Omnissiah!