Background Image

The Unknown Race Poll

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mrZombi, Jan 18, 2014.

?

And last playable race will be...

1. Chaos Daemons

14 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Dark Eldars

44 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Imperial Guard/Sisters of Battle

77 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Necrons

57 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. Tau

136 vote(s)
    38.4%
  6. Tyranids

26 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. doesn't mean they all WILL be included in game.
    and even if they are, they all won't be playable.
    at least, they better not all be playable.
  2. Locutus Locutus Arkhona Vanguard

I was thinking it could be the Tau, but that makes no sense now that we know where Arkhona is located. Arkhona is in Segmentum Obscurus, north of the Eye of Terror, which means the Tau Empire is tens of thousands of light years away on the opposite side of the galaxy. We really should never see the Tau at all in this game if the Devs want to stay true to the lore.

3. Alright. Both are fair points.

Is that where we're at? I wasn't aware. Well... I maintain that Tau would probably be the least disruptive to balance, but failing that, I guess Chaos Daemons would probably be the next logical choice. Or Dark Eldar, but I'm considerably less familiar with them.
  4. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

If new races are added, new planets and new campaigns should be added too. I don't want an all-around huge battlefield with a dozen factions fighting each other on Arkhona.
  5. Locutus Locutus Arkhona Vanguard

Yep. The recent newsletter says, "Our game takes place on the planet Arkhona, the fourth planet of the trinary Kharon System is located in the galactic northern marches of Segmentum Obscurus, in the dead centre of a void of systems."

That looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    http://s14.postimg.org/cd46a9bjl/arkhona_galaxy.png

The Tau are nowhere near Arkhona.
  6. Al'Chir Alchy Subordinate

The Tau are barely recognizable on the map, i hope they're praying no other Macharius shows up...
  7. Kaptin Primorkagorka DaKaptin Well-Known Member

Fer da Tau dey could be from da Farsight Enclave. Demz are good en a fight shooty o choppy. Learned dat from da orkz dey did.

I'm hearing, and agreeing with, that the Tyranids, Necrons, and Chaos Daemons would be good NPC factions. Thoughts?
  8. I like necrons alot, but i dont think it could be executed to be satisfactory to the player,
    & still keep the it close to the codex.
  9. I'm thinking Tau will likely be the next race, whenever that comes about. Necrons are still my favorite, and I'm hoping the 6th edition changes, though not universally well-liked, will allow them to be introduced as a playable race at some point in the future given their greater autonomy vs 3rd edition Necrons.
  10. MacKnight MacKnight New Member

My vote goes to necrons.
    But consider location, I think its the dark eldars.
    easterplatypus likes this.