Background Image

The Tarellian Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Google, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Should the Tarellians be represented in-game?

1. Yes. They are interesting and it would be cool if they were added.

13.3%
  2. No. Focus on other races. The Tarellians are not important.

64.4%
  3. Maybe, but only if they are done right.

11.1%
  4. I'm not sure.

11.1%
  1. Sentinel of Terra Forum Beta Tester

what next? squats?
  2. Ardenstrom Ardenstrom Active Member

Well, there are a lot of xenos out there that were not wiped out during the Great Crusade

Take your pick:

• Barghesi: Aggressive race near the Grendl stars. No other data is known.
    • Caradochian: Winged race often appearing as mercenaries.
    • Chuffian: Use a characteristic Power Maul weapon. No other data is known.
    • Drugh: Large larval invertebrates with advanced psionic capability. Stem from the world of Pyrus I.
    • Enslavers: Parasitical warp-based lifeforms that look for psychic hosts to transform into living Warp portals.
    • Galg: Green, scaled, frog-like creatures rumored to be Tau-allies.
    • Galthite: Xenos from the Oenorian Inner Systems.
    • Hrud: A race of near-invisible scavenger aliens who infest several areas of the galaxy. Commonly considered to be little more than vermin.
    • Jokaero: Resemble orangutans. They are famous for their instinctive technical brilliance.
    • Kathap: A race using what appears to be organic weaponry.
    • Khrave: Alien mind-eaters.
    • K'Nib: Described as "festering clawed fiends", have 10 limbs.
    • Kroot: Reptilian hunter species allied with the Tau.
    • Lacrymole: A race of shape-shifters.
    • Loxatl: Amphibian quadrupeds who communicate through infrasound. Grey-skinned and foul-smelling. They are known to smell like rancid milk and mint.
    • Nicassar: A psychic race allied with the Tau.
    • Nekulli: Little known about the Nekulli race, apart from their Whisperlance technology.
    • Psy-Gore: From Perseus; makers of crystalline firearms.
    • Q'Orl: An insectoid species, whose empire is centered on the swarmworld of Loqiit.
    • Scythian: Martial species devoted to the art of combat.
    • Stryxis: Nomadic creatures said to resemble a humanoid canine embryo, with no young or gender differences ever reported. Voracious traders, their culture is eccentric and obscure, although they despise the Eldar.
    • Tallerian: Reptiloid mercenary allies of the Tau.
    • Thyrrus: A squid-like race with color-changing skin.
    • Umbra: A species of floating spheres with a hard, black carapace.
    • Vespid: Winged insectoids allied with the Tau.
    • Viskeon: Huge, muscled humanoid creatures, when part of their body is cut off, a fetus forms from it, feeding off its nutrients to eventually become a fully formed Viskeon.
    • Xenarch: An isolationist, Warp-worshiping species from the Galactic north.
    • Yu'vath: A race of warp-worshipping sorcerer-slavers from the Koronus Expanse, apparently annihilated in the 39th millennium during the Angevin Crusade, although remnants of their empire persist.
    • Zoat: Large, strange, centaur-like creatures that were conquered by the Tyranids. The Zoats were used as a slave race for the hive mind and its followers, and many revolts by the Zoats (brutally put down by the Tyranids) led to the near extinction of their race. Eradicated by the Imperium upon their arrival in Human space.
    And many others: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_sentient_species#.Uo8atcS-18E
  3. Sentinel of Terra Forum Beta Tester

i think that a lot if not most of that list will not be in this game. im ok with that.
  4. Ardenstrom Ardenstrom Active Member

Well, me too, actually
    It would have been fun to see at least one though. Since other different xenos are not portrayed that well in the novels or games.
  5. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Why are all these furries just getting mentioned in codices and just doing nothing with them?
  6. Chompster Chompster Subordinate

highly doubt you'll ever see them outside of a mod unless GW or FW makes actual figures for them and they somehow become very popular.
  7. We should totally recon the Nephilim being wiped out and have them appear to fight the Blood Angels.
  8. Google Google Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking along the lines of Lizardmen from Warhammer Fantasy in space when I noticed them. I thought that others would as well, but it seems like I guessed wrong.

As interesting as this discussion has been to behold, as I appreciate the input of everyone who has taken the time to give their own individual opinion on the presented question, I would ask that all future discussion be moved to this thread's successor which delves into the question, "Should the allied races of the Tau be represented (Beyond the Kroot)". For future reference, when I say represented I also ask if they should even be mentioned, thus being represented with at least an acknowledgment to their existence in the universe.

Please and thank you. :)
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/the-allied-races-to-the-tau-beyond-the-kroot.2836/