Background Image

The Sorcerer Information Thread.

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Djemo-SRB, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

iimagine stuff like mark and trait (a sorta of mod for spell) that will change how the spell work, like the weapon modding
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Hmm, well that does have the potential to spice things up a bit. Granted it never occurred to me to ask Brent i spells will be moddable like weapons.

Guess someone can drop that question in the community Q&A thread (which is open now!):

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/q-a-questions-thread-27.49486/
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Some new info for the psychic powers:

1. (team) Will Undivided powers (the purple healing beam especially) have different variations based on the God Mark of the Sorcerer (Undivided spell adapting to the equipped Mark for example)? Or will we just have 1 power pool for each Chaos God and 1 for Undivided?

BRENT: Instead of having the power change based on the god we will have powers assigned to gods or undivided, then your god alignment or lack thereof will determine which spells you have available. We haven’t yet determined exactly how the breakdown will work, however. It might be that being Undivided lets you have one undivided and one god power, while god alignment forces you to have two god powers. Alternatively, Undivided might be the only way to get two Undivided powers while you’re forced to take one god power if you have a mark. As we create and test more powers this will become clear.

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/q-a-answers-compilation-thread.32349/page-4#post-977295
  4. Sigvald Darthy Curator

I would prefer the latter, because i'd rather like to be able to take a mark and still heal at the same time.
    cTravisty likes this.
  5. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

To be honest, what worries me from the answer is that it appears we will be only sporting 2 spells per loadout.
    I know we are Aspirants, but thats a dreadfully small amount in my opinion.
  6. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

On the table top don't you get a choice of 2 powers per game?

I actually have no idea how psychic powers work, I had a zoey in my kill team list.
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Cant say im sure, but Brent did say the game isnt being based on TT ages ago, so that would be little reason to limit us to two.
  8. TT generally has three mastery levels. However the spells in use tend to be far more deadly, such as the Doombolt that can be used to trash tanks and tear through an entire squad of infantry, and the game is going more off lore.
  9. a sorcerer with three mastery level cnat really be defined "aspirant"
    Is more a sorcer lord Hero.Elite class as i see it, the aspirant is kinda ok with 2 powers but i would prefer 3 since the heal is quite necessary in game terms
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Not really Sorc info but, from the Steam screenshots of the game in the store:

[​IMG]
    Xeltan likes this.