Background Image

The Role Playing Tavern

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Uriel1339, Apr 1, 2015.

1. We am I? Where my brother plague marines at?
    Uriel1339 likes this.
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

WanderingJester likes this.
  3. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

So apparently the EC team is collapsing due to further drops of playerbase, which causes of course less cash flow. Less cash flow, less money to pay employees. Less money to pay employees, firing those that are not necessary.

In the last stream they apparently indicated that EC dev team is running on skeleton crew, which means for example no more new maps in a long long long time. And complaints are just growing within the community against the game itself.

Where I'm getting at?

If EC shuts truly down, so will the forum. So better start copy-pasting your fav RPs into something like google docs or something else.

Also luckily we have our discord off of this. And as webmaster, I gladly would utilize my skills to put up a proper forum / website for the RP community (not just some crappy free forum platform). Perhaps even as something for general for wh40k RPers to get together in, with perhaps some sub-forum for Vassal (virtual tabletop software that can be used for 40k the actual wargame), etc. etc.

Anyway. An alternative should to the least be discussed for the worst case scenario. After all it's early to say it's a goner, but the fact they also play with matchmaking to reduce them on 5vs5 as if it was some sort of MOBA shooter is another bad indicator of what the playerbase and activity looks like. Just concerned, especially since in total we spent over 3 years together as a RP community - and that's a long time, with a lot of content.

Godspeed, role-players!

Sauce:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157312398
    (at 1:04:00 they even mention their PvE team is a goner)

Founders Forum Discussion about it:
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/so-is-this-it.68911/
    Casavay, Tamu, DeranVendar and 5 others like this.
  4. Jorimel Jorimel Well-Known Member

Velos, I agree that being prepared in case of problems is no bad thing, whether or not the game runs into more trouble. Do you know a way to archive threads that's quicker than copy + paste?

Also good to see that the hurricanes did not get you :)
    Uriel1339 and WanderingJester like this.
  5. Time to save all my badly-written characters then
    Uriel1339 likes this.
  6. DeranVendar DeranVendar Subordinate

So to all my players and Dms that I am currently involved with I'd like to provide a small status update: My own home is still without power and internet so I am at a friend's house. Internet works here but I cannot guarantee updates until I am back home due to other priorities at the moment. I will also be out of town this coming weekend, ideally by the time I return on Sunday power will be restored. Even then, no guarantee of that.

@Colapse If you could pass this along to the folks in Discord I'd be mightily appreciative
  7. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

We got you covered bro, no worries. Take care of yourself and your folks!
  8. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

R.i.p was fun while it lasted. Grav gun on melee spammer and nade drops on chargers was best fun I had solo.
    Well beam me up to what ever way you go with urieal MooMoo Bro away!
    WanderingJester and Uriel1339 like this.
  9. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

An end of an Era.

Better look around.

I feel old now, oh well not first time I outlive something.
    Uriel1339 and WanderingJester like this.