Background Image

The real reason behind Performance Issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how much the terrain in this game actually dragged down the game's performance.
    I always suspected the buildings to be a major resource hug with the sheer amount of golden skulls and shit like pipes that serve no function.

Also I fell through the map a few times ( who hasn't by now amirite) and noticed a whole fucking world with battle damaged titans and buildings and shit under the map...

Always wondered if those were actual things or just a picture and if not a picture how much those dragged down the game performance as well.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

True, so do you pref performance than detailed terrain?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

The real question here is: if some dedicated modder were to be able to reduce the amount of polys on those models with close to no impact on the visual aspects, would the dev team be willing/able to implement them in the game as replacement to the existing models? @Oveur

Or maybe some insight about those speculations? Do the models really have a sensible impact on game performance?
    Jimmy_Neutron and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Performance
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.
  5. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

Might be that they use an automated LOD system ? So they prepare the Models in ultra high resolution and then the engine automatically scales that down. If not that would be super crazy and would really be the reason for the performance issues.
  6. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

They do indeed use LODs, and from how janky some of them are, I would guess that it's automated. Here's an obvious example found in game.

[​IMG]
    Firskon and Zarbustibal like this.
  7. Yeh, if they went through workshop this game wouldn't be fucking out because of the scrutiny process.

Nice find. I was totally not eating that stupid bullshit from lead whatever about AMD not getting along UE4 all the way...
  8. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

The £2 a month servers don't help neither..you can't even shoot nades anymore,Or at least it rarely works.
  9. Sindri Myr AnotherAlpharius Steam Early Access

The only problem here - 100-200 ms ping is standart. Someone who lives near the server has advantage, because for him everyone reacts slower, like, when eldar meets with mon'keigh. For elf human is slow. So something like that is here.

If you want to play EC with good FPS - buy better computer :CSMAlpha: But you cannot do anything with ping. :CSMWord:
    Firskon likes this.
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i’m pretty sure the use some middleware for that, can’t remember the name

scaleform maybe?