Background Image

The problems with the LSM playerbase

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Forj, May 11, 2017.

1. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Main problem is when someone actually does try to take charge xxpussyslayer69xx contradicts every single thing the only guy who's calling tactics and is trying to lead says.
    Problem is xxpussyslayer69xx doesn't lead himself but he knows better because he's the best player on the team and everyone else sucks.He has alot of kills and can be top of the scoreboard at the end of a loss but isn't a team player.
    Literally every single LSM pug is one guy trying to take charge and a xxpussyslayer69xx arguing with him and noob calling etc.

Believe me when I say its very rare on other factions.I play all roughly equally and my LSM character is lower level then any other due to guys like xxpussyslayer69xx.

Or even worse still everyone is silent the whole round,again something that is rare on other factions.
    thatsnozaku likes this.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Use the Steam screenshot function.
    its pretty good , drops the ss in a folder and you can upload it to forum with the Upload a file option you'll see right next to the post reply button down here.
    in steam go to :
    Steam-> Settings->Ingame
    you can set folder and hotkey there.
  3. MannDeus Recruit

Also, this xxxpussyslayer69xx is THAT marine with stalker bolter, either cherrypicking quick kills that a devastator couldn't finish quick enough or is sitting at the farthest possible safe corner when attacking, once again just picking easy kills in form of stragglers, instead of putting that scoped bolter to the actual front.
    thatsnozaku likes this.
  4. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Sounds like some QQ. and name calling is forbidden on the forums, you need to report problems to the help desk. Can just ignore people like that. They'll be wasting their lives being a arsehat, talking to thin air.
  5. fenrhir fenrhir Subordinate

Isn't "xxxpussyslayer69xx" obviously a false, generic name standing for any noobish/selfish players pretending to be better because high of kill stealting/farming? xD

But yeah, I think this is QQ. Played as much games in CSM as LSM (both being few games, as said I'm a newbie). Seen as much selfish tards and braindead cannon fodder in CSM teams as in LSM teams.
    Part of the problem is that even if EC's matchmaker was able to take personal efficiency/experience as a balance criteria, it would be often useless, given that population is damn low in EC.

When the matchmaker put 12 freshmen vs 12 fully upgraded characters, you know you're in trouble, just because of wargear availability (Warp armour or not, plasma/melta or not, etc). And, of course, Rank 6 chars can't be newbies, adding to the unbalance.

Now, I'm wondering: if you guys are lamenting here, i'm not sure you're not doing so ingame instead of really helping (giving orders or advice without insulting ppl, etc).
  6. cood Recruit

I tried to help, spent time on explaining to dumbasses how to give orders, when we need to capture the point,and when defense is enough, told them how to promote someone, or why shooting rhinos with bolter is a waste of time, but it is not my job to explain the same damn thing every game to people that don`t give a fuck.

Main problem is the fact that there is no learning tools , tutorials, guide that do not require reading (most people are disgusted by mental exercise , so we have a bunch of morons and maybe some of them would watch a video). We have @Valrak `s loadout guides, that are copied by noobs and that is great, at least they know what to equip, but there has to be something explaining to people why Q is important in game or why using a tank as a taxi will piss off that one AV player in a team that is ready to sacrifice his kills for a chance of victory.

Also demote button that you can press to take over when there are no markers. Most of those that don`t lead and are put in commanding role don`t even know about promotion, so the risk that some noob would rebel and usurp power would be minimal.
    Forj likes this.
  7. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

I agree, but at this point. Its a dead horse and a dead horse and a dead horse. this whole site has said the same things over and over. We write guides and help new players all the time on the page. But its like a revolving door. We get one set of quitters all set, and then it starts all over again. Just a sad fact of EC. And really if there wasnt a draw, be it teamwork or whatever. People would never leave LSM to try other factions. Thats a real problem, how to get new players not to always start on LSM, and spread it out some.
    Forj likes this.
  8. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Apparently there is needlephobia spreading under the lsm, how else do you explain them always running away from my apoth trying to heal them ? :p
    Or perhaps its all an clever plot of nurgle, idc.
  9. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Yeah, and when you get bored of chasing them they shoot you because you didn't heal them.
    My game routine goes like this:
    1. Play a match with LSM
    2. Be mentally exhausted of the stupidity and sheer ignorance of even basic human language
    3. Change faction
    4. Play 5-7 games and have a great time with awesome teamwork

Srly, if I enter in a LSM game with pugs I quit immediately, not even going to bother, if half the team isn't at least from reknown guilds, I leave.

EDIT: Ok, what's this new trend of destroying servo-skulls as an LSM? so I throw one out of the line of fire and these f*ckers go out of their way to destroy it? every time in every goddamn game, even after you tell them 1001 times not to do it because is a debuff for enemies, the f*ck is wrong with this damn faction??!!
  10. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

I late joined on this with two minutes left, I should have left when my friend did.
    from now on I'm just going to leave games that are looking like this when I late join. I'm not having enough fun and it's not my fault or anything within my control. The only solution is to avoid the situation.
    20170609011117_1.jpg