Background Image

The problem with guilds...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Didn't read any posts on the thread yet. Read the title of the thread and thought to myself "this ought to be good". Now, off to read the replies. Let's see where this goes.
  2. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

The amount of posts in here that didn't read the OP is hilarious.

I think that must be the point. . . See who actually reads posts and not just titles.
    Cyborg_Dragon likes this.
  3. Trashed Recruit

The real problem I think is that there's no guild vs guild options (which people have already spoken about). The premades end up chasing away new players because they constantly get pug stomped. Guilds hopefully just want to play together and not outright smash every game in the first 3 minutes.

The system we have PROMOTES quitting the game. There's no fun is losing that badly every time, who knows how many people got chased away because of getting stomped by pre-mades. Even if a new player is playing in the group, they end up not having much fun cause the vets do most of the legwork and the game is over.
  4. My fix: (not perfect) if 5 or more players are from the same guild, the other team get an extra veteran spawn, 10 or more and they get 3 extra.
  5. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

remember when there was no tags for awhile...nobody complained about guilds. even though they still existed. Best way to fix this is for said guilds to take time to be mentor's, and help inform new players. For the longest time i spent hours in garrison trying to help anyone that wanted it,..which was very few...but some did.

The "Git Gud" approach was the bad idea. As it is now though, might have lost the chance to turn it around. we get maybe 1-5 new players a month maybe.
  6. Torquemadra Recruit

This is one of the reasons for this games complete lack of players, no one likes being wrecked, people say they dont want easy fights yet thats whats happening. World of Tanks has no more than 3 people in a platoon in pug games and is successful as a result, you cant pick map so stacking cant happen by those means either. 3 people can be a force multiplier out of a side of 15, 10-15 grouped up is just a joke.

This coupled with a matchmaker which regularly sets 15 against 10 is a complete product killer
    The_Ironcrab likes this.
  7. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

@LordSloth that’s pretty much why I gave up playing. I was out for a long time and tried to get back in, and now it’s all vet population left. I can usually do decent, but my motivation to put time back in and get good all over again is very low. More things in life to do, other games to play etc.

Grannted when free to play landed and the game had population, guild problems weren’t an issue as you rarely ran into them. But now it’s even worse cause the PuG groups are all vets now as well, playing their alt characters. Lol. Makes it challenging for sure, as no one is a slouch and I rarely see people getting more than 20 kills a person. Matches last longer and are well fought for sure.

Except when the enemy team decides to vet spam 7 vets cause they are on discord in a war party and all decide its time to cheese. Lol. That’s never fun to deal with.
  8. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

Guilds ?? What guilds ? The que system in the game completely kill all Guilds and Clans !!! Prioritizing solo players in the que instead war parties (10-20 people) is the worst and the stupid idea !!

Heyyy !!!! You play in coop multiplayer game BUT !!!! If you dare to play in war party (organized group) we will gonna punish you !!! And you gonna will be waiting 1 h for the game or maybe you gonna never have the game !!!!

Good luck bE devs !! Good luck !!!

Guilds are the last thing what's is keeping this game still barely alive and you decide to kill this !!!!
    Atarius and Deadknight like this.
  9. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

You do know that such a system needs to be coded and implemented for which we lack devpower and cash and that it would have serious issues or would be easily exploitable?

I mean that in the most polite and honest way, alot of your forum input has been very rough and not very well thought through ideas which are unrealistic at best or completely ignoring the state this team is in. You might want to filter them before you throw them out to the public. At some point we had 10 out of 20 frontpage threads started by you with halfcooked ideas doing more harm then good, which you would have realised yourself if you had spend 2 minutes before you pushed "post thread". This gets tiresome really fast. Acknowledging all your passion and zealoatry for this game but please refine your thoughts more.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for guilds this game would probably be long dead...

when ppl leave matches its a people problem not a guild problem .

People are the one that's leaving .
    I don't see why the guild tag plays a part in this.

A group of rando's on the public Discord could do the exact same thing.
    You probably just notice it more from guilds since they are probably the most active when it comes to making grps and premades etc.
    Rando's tend not be so social that they band into grps and stuff..

Shame really. but hey what ya gonna do ? change humanity ?
    hah
    haha
    hahahahaha
    Deathwish, LOBOTRONUS and Deadknight like this.