Background Image

The problem with guilds...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Jan 13, 2018 at 1:06 PM.

1. Blackbolt. A full team's worth of quitters.
    Fight to the end, never surrender!

Attached Files:

2. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Ah it’s always a tuff fight gainst a stack cause they will be on the same voice comms. But they are not unbeatable
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I see a problem with a team here but its not with the guild.
  4. The problem is they quit because of the guild. I actually enjoy the challenge of fighting a guild sometimes.
  5. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

6. Heshtankon Recruit

:oops: got the wrong idea about the OP
  7. Ohh damn yeah. Forgot to remove the names. I'll see if I can get a new image on instead and take that one off
  8. Or penalise quiting and not the Guild who organised themselves?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. Heshtankon Recruit

The trouble is compounded as some of those that are left tend to just give up. I have been in both situations curb stomping another team or being curb stomped. It isn't as much fun as a close win that goes down the wire.

I raised this ages ago on the steam forum as I didn't see why a quitting player got to immediately queue for another match. I know some people have random disconnects but its not that often .

However with the player base so small now I wouldn't like anything to slow down getting in a match now
  10. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

The problem with premades will never be able to be fixed. This game has no "MMR" or "Brackets" because the population is too small to support it. And the dev team lacks ressources and manpower to come up and implement a system. Back when f2p launched they dreamed up this system where you would have 2 different "pools" so newbies would not get slaughtered and learn to swim with their own kind. Never happened.
    Nowadays you have 200-250 people top population during prime and not everyone is playing. Any attempt to split up the population more will just increase waiting times.
    The only viable option would be to limit premade sizes to 3 or even 5 people but even then you could probably time it right to join the same match with multiple of these groups on discord because the playerbase is so tiny and not many new matches are generated all the time.
    But even if it would actually work perfectly, limiting the playersize in premades gives a crappy signal to those who are just sticking to the game for their friends and clans so it might do more damage then it does good. Especially since the complains will remain the same. People will just complain about 5 man premades or 3 man premades because there always has to be a reason the other side had an unfair edge to their win.
    Zael and Sneaky-krumpin like this.