Background Image

The Possessed shown on todays livestream

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Djemo-SRB, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

This is sarcasm right? This looks nothing like the concept nor like hard work. Also maybe get your eyes checked ...
    XRuinX and Harkus like this.
  2. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Possessed claws should not be the same speed as a power fist so unless they dramatically increasing the swing speed to compensate for fixing this to a power fist they've made a class that might work well in anti - VHC but with the current meta will be useless verse other players

I already have a power fist build I rarely use as there only good for anti vhc / surprise please don't give me another
  3. MrBanditFP BanditFleshpound Steam Early Access

And you know what is funny? They want to make Possessed Anti-Personal with Power Fist speed.:OrkMoon::OrkGoff:
  4. Ultima75000 Ultima75000 First Blood!

I just realized my netbook auto corrected it. Epic fail it's Obliterators. You are correct (Moar epic fail cuz I play Chaos on TT and have a pair of original metal Obliterator models) English is my first language, chinese is my second.
    I wish instead of using the fist as base they made and released a Lightning Claw-esque weapon for the Possessed. Like a faster fist without ultra high damage or AV penetration but can be swung faster than a axe but slower than a knife.
  5. Brother Harkus Harkus Arkhona Vanguard

@NoahWard any plans for the helmet? General consensus seems to be that it's pretty meh. Glad to hear you want to get the backpack corrected, though.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

The most annoying part to me here is that we know they arent incapable of replicating the elites to fit their artwork. Just look at the wonderful job they did on the Ork Kommando, it looks almost exactly like the art:

Art:

[​IMG]

Ingame:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

When you look at that, the Possessed looks horribly rushed. As others have said, better leave it unreleased till you actually get to the level of quality you provided for the Kommando Elite.
  7. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Given the melee stun reductions that Noah was talking about them doing, the possessed will become absolutely insanely powerful.

There was some discussion on the discord about it taking 20-something bolter rounds to down him. If you translate that into knife hits, it's going to take something like 8 or more knife hits to down him.

With a power-fist, knives can only afford 2 clangs before break, I believe. Given melee stun reductions, it will only be possible to hit once with the knife after a melee stun. It requires 8 or more winning trades to down him with your knife, but you can only afford to make two.

Trades to kill and maximum trades is very sensitive. With the combined impact of the fist and his insanely high EHP, he will have a litearl 100% chance to beat pretty much anyone in melee provided he is on full health, armor and durability. Nobody will be able to kill the possessed before their melee weapon breaks.

This is assuming stun reductions and no other changes. If they increase melee weapon damage, axes and maces might be able to kill the possessed if they win all of their trades. Currently yes, he will be shot to death over and over... but once those stun reductions come, he will become an absolutely unstoppable force of melee that people will complain about over and over.
    3dferocity likes this.
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Yeah. It's depressing to think of the kind of game this Universe could produce, if only the right team with the right coherent vision and the right funding were put in charge.
  9. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

That invokes using your brain and logic and common sense and stuff.. Nah I will just whine and ask for nerfs Kay?
    Deathwish likes this.
  10. MrBanditFP BanditFleshpound Steam Early Access

Meanwhile Possessed will not move 20 feets without getting killed by anything that moves.

And will get killed 99% of the time(1% is just not looking behind and not knowing how to defend against slow MEME melee)