Background Image

The Possessed shown on todays livestream

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Djemo-SRB, Apr 28, 2017.

1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Allegedly he will run faster, and potentially emit an aura of an unknown type.

Going off the stream, it swings like any regular Power Fist.
  2. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Run fast like MoS fast i guess and i personally think the aura was just a reply to all the dissappointment and empty faces. I don't think that the CSM elite will get 2000 LP internally while the kommado went with ~ 1600 from my estimation.
  3. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

This looks really ugly -.-
    XRuinX and Harkus like this.
  4. Yeah I just watched the stream I sincerely hope they fix this, the possessed marines are supposed to absolutely devastating shock troops. However my question about the AS was answered and it seems he is getting some major changes so I'm happy....for now....also more Nurgle themed stuff is coming ehuheuheueheuheueheueh.
  5. Kapelan Kapelan Subordinate

So the possesed marine is just a guy with a power fist and no ranged capability? Maybe develop a dual weild system....you'll need it in the future (For classic dual lightning claws as an example). And possesed could be your testing ground. Left hand being just a sharp fast claw and right a power fist. I understand that it might be hard to implement but....rolling out this "elite" and expectiong ANY sort of excitement out of it is delusional.
  6. Wait, his mechanic is he runs fast and maybe has an aura? The problem with power fist in melee isn't that you can't get to the enemy, it's that you can only Dbash and fast attack. You only get rock and paper in the RPS based melee system, so everyone knows there's no reason to ever use a fast attack on you, and if you wait for them to charge up for a power attack it's already too late in the animation to do anything but trade.

The melee only Elite is going to have a disadvantage against a knife in melee? What the hell?
  7. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Well, from the stream I could tell he had the speed of the Mark of Slaanesh (fitting because they're fleet on the TT) as well as 300 health and armor, and 150 toughness

picfromstream.png

Also he only has a power fist. Literally.
  8. Sooo....he's going to come with MoN/pseudo MoS/Red/Gold armor and a PF?

Sold.

Fuck ya'll...I want to look sexy over being functional haha. :OrkGoff:
  9. Brosephelon Recruit

This seems like an instant no buy, I was most hyped for a deamonic possessed of all the elites, I bought the Kommando and it was rather underwhelming.

I can only assume the possessed with be a unique mark/wargear1 item for Vet TA that gives stat boosts and such but prevents the usage of ranged weapons.
    Presumably the Vet TA with this possessed thing would probably be able to equip weapons other than a power first (just like how the Vet Slugga can equip all types of weapons) so you could grab an NCS, power sword or whatever with the stat boosts.
    CyberneticSaturn likes this.
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Going off the Twitch, there wont be a non-RTC version for this Elite.