Background Image

The Ork WAAAGH! needs a serious buff.

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by TheBigDakka, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Nazdakka TheBigDakka Steam Early Access

Note for all dumdumz: This isnt about the WAAAGH mechanic, but the ork warcry which can be heard by holding "T".

I izn't talkin' bout no "game mekanik"! I'z talkin' bout wen ya 'old T down 'an all ya get iz a grotty lil' "wah!" I wanna press da T button 'an see my skreen shakin' 'an funderin' wiv da sound ov WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! I wunce 'eard dat Warboss Gogrutz before, now DAT woz a rite proppa set 'o lungz on 'im.

'Umie Speak: I'm not talking about the game mechanic, I mean whenever I hear an ork character yell out WAAAGH!, It's just really unimpressive, I wanna hear some gutteral orky bellowing, maybe you guys could try hiring the based Brian Drummond to do some proppa WAAAGH!s?
  2. My only problem with the waagh shout is that it is to quiet
    If me orkboy friend is standing 20m away from me then his waaagh sounds like a wispering wind

It should be way more noisy
    It can fall off a bit when he is 100m away

I hope in general that orks become more noisy in almost all actions they do

Vaulting about low cover? Ya ok but not without cursing the low cover for standing in your way or at least some grunting

Also when climbing
    Or when doing sprint attacks
    Or when going fullbauto with a Shoota
    When throwing Stikkbombs

Leave the sneaky plays to the umies and da skinny tall ones (and maybe bloodaxes)

Orks are supposed to be noisy!
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  3. Thats the reason why i always honk with the trukk and WAAAAGH while attacking a point. Wez orks, choppy and dakka is enough(but more choppy)!
  4. Ya the honk is a good first step for orkines but we need more ^^
    Kampfgeist likes this.
  5. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

How will work if Orks autoregen from downed state instead of insta-spawn?

That would be more lore acurate due to their regen hability and their chances to recovery from a deep wound.

Ops sry offtopic
  6. safe that for necrons :p
    No_1 likes this.
  7. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

WAAAGH[​IMG]
  8. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

I'm not sure about the screen shake, you already know how it feels just from playing Harkus/Agnathio and it's random screen shakes, now imagine that but with ork players being able to make a screen shake with their waaagh. and plus that would be another game mechanic because if an ork could create a screen shake while waaaging it would screw ranged units up

I'm all in for orks being way gruntier and noisier though, makes them more satisfying to kill and funny to watch
  9. Ser DJ Hodor TheBurgerMeister Well-Known Member

Ork Waaaagh needs a complete rework not a buff. This whole "end of the round" waaagh mechanic needs to go.
  10. Nazdakka TheBigDakka Steam Early Access

I never meant "in game" screen shaking, but more of a literal; "WAAAGH! SO LOUD YA COMPOOTA IZ SHAKIN'! FROM ALL DIS NOISE!" This entire post isnt about in game mechanics, but merely ork audio volume and audio quality