Background Image

The next patch... is it going to be a big update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Feb 11, 2018.

1. It's a perfect example of how well the game is balanced: you can empty 4 clips of rockets on a stationary target and deal exactly zero damage.
    Firskon and DrMauf like this.
  2. acepost acepost Active Member

I wonder when the big day would arrive, any rough ETAs or is it... SOON TM?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

Stream of corruption is being tweaked... again?!?!

[​IMG]

Seriously though why? The only thing it could possibly require is a small reduction in energy usage and that is pushing it massively at a press for something that needs tweaking not even for necessity.

You make it weaker in any respect and its unusable, you make it stronger (especially damage wise), and we are right back with the SoC IS OP!! claims/threads we all miss and love so much after the last time it was tweaked.. and the time before that.. and then the time before that.
  4. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Once the new map is a complete they should be releasing the update. If not then then maybe a week or so after.
  5. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Except adren vial is actually good. Especially when you are playing with Duggy.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

survival vial or nothing
  7. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

It ain't useless in slightest. You just have to know how to use it right. It's a more of a panic/tactical and cleaner up weapon at the end of the day. It can make the best Elite turn tail and run, can dislodge sniper campers with relative ease and can give a room full of defenders something extra to think about which is pretty huge when think about it. Some weapons are not about all about the DPS and believe me if I can see the good in SoC after all my time of using it, others should give it a chance especially as its even more effective the more people using it.

Also personally I'm not a fan of lash because its a 1 on 1 short range weapon which isn't really made for what the sorc was intended for IMO. Sure it can help out when you're in trouble but if you're playing a healer/support class, then your mind shouldn't really be on how much damage you can inflict and also the team should be focusing keeping you out of trouble as much as possible. They can't really do that if you are trying to take everyone on with lash yourself. SoC is autolock on and long range, you can stand behind your team healing them and squishy'ing up enemies for them.
  8. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

I'f you run away form that flu a SoC gives you you instead of ADADBOLTER2THEFACE you are just basically role playing. Basically what death wish said. Also there are 2 types of weapons in EC and if its the type that even gives you the chance to run away then its UP.

Also can't frigging wait for the patch. I think it's been like 2 years since we saw something new and meaningful.
  9. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

But that's the thing. Players can camp from vantage points behind cover but SoC is easily one of the best things to dislodge them considering how it works. They wait and carry on sniping and die or they run away and are disrupted from easily sniping everyone.

Yeah it's not the DPS zapping monster epic thing it once was but it's still great at being a hugely tactical/big pain in the arse weapon for someone who knows how to use it properly.

Also you cannot ADAD from it and it has the range and also stays trained while you can get yourself into cover that you don't (and should never) need to be face to face with a bolter on purpose to use it plus if your making someone run away in battle, then your messing up there plans. Tactics.. learn them. It's not all about killing and EXP.