Background Image

The new DLCs are bull. Way to slap the vets in the face.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemoSupremo, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ItsGary Recruit

Not even close to being able to compare them.

The core aspects of those games were already done and usable. When EC was announced and people started buying it you were not buying a workable game, You were backing the publisher so they could try to make the game they wanted.

Those games were already playable and it was early access. EC was not early access but part of the packages granted you it when it was available with what ever the product was to be. There is a difference between early access and Backing an idea.
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  2. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

In first Edition we still had Malal, the God of Malice, which GW lost due to a copyright dispute, but is still referenced to occassionally with Chaos Spacemarine Chapters such as the Sons of Malice.

The 6th one i was refering to, goes back to 1st edition as well... back then the Warhammer Fantasy World was said to be in the Warhammer 40k universe, but unreachable due to warpstorms surrounding the planet. Which is where we know from that the Slann are the Old Ones (which was later changed to make the Slann just their servants), but ever since then we had the Horned God in the Warhammer 40k universe. The Horned God, still present in 40k, once said to be the Horned Rat in WHF, and seeks to ursurp Nurgle. The Horned God in 40k has several Nightlord Warbands under his purview, and at one time was connected to the Hrud, who were supposed to be the WH40k Skaven (but their appearance also got retconned)
  3. Xile Xile Member

Ermm Eternal Crusade had a kickstarter/founder program, Early Access and now free to play? they'll have to start making them up soon
  4. ItsGary Recruit

Indeed it did, it started however without a product you could play and you simply purchased the vision of what the developers wanted to do based on ideas and concept art.

Further down the line small aspects were made but no world was ever made and it was always map based.

They realized what they wanted could not be done and so it changed.

The game was never advertised with "Early Access to the core aspects of the game" It was purely, come in play what we have available. Oh we now added tanks you can play round in them.

For example ARK went through early access and its core mechanics were in place, the world was at an acceptable state and you could pay to play the game you were buying into.

What I am saying is those who bought the game 4 years ago did not buy Early Access, The pledged to an idea and idea which was not doable for what ever reasons, Part of the pledge got them access to the product when it was available to play the product before it was finished.

This is what many people do not realize in the gaming community, Early Access is one thing, Founding and backing an idea is completely different. One has minimal risks the other is a huge risk and you might not even get what the development team envisioned through concept art.

The early access I bought into a few weeks back was for what the game is now, That was early acces, I was not funding an idea or concept art, It was a working game whilst not completely finished but still being worked on.
  5. Xile Xile Member

It's still not the product or even close to what they said it would be in early access is my point... In fact its not really what the steam store page says right now is it?

Ark and Rust haven't even been released...
  6. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

In regards to EC, the ads generally run along this principle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo
  7. Xile Xile Member

Yes which is they have bad reviews. They took it too the extreme from day one and are still doing it right now on the steam store page.... Massive PvE and PvP battles, persistent world and characters? Elites?

Please.... 30 v 30 was massive in 1995
    Braken, Matsukovich, Atarius and 2 others like this.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Well, good luck convincing them to change their advertising strategy.
  9. Xile Xile Member

I'm not trying too, I enjoy the game for what it is , but how its been run and advertised is the reason for the negative reviews
  10. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Yeah, probably.

Well, when you have a solution, let the forums know.