Background Image

The new DLCs are bull. Way to slap the vets in the face.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemoSupremo, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Git Kwik GitGud Active Member

so they need to change engine...
  2. Xile Xile Member

Let's face it the games nothing like the original concept but it's not much different from when Miguel left either... apart from extra maps, fluff, balance and RT items. People make out they had to totally change the direction of that game as it was unattainable yet it's still the same game and not the MMO concept.

In the video with Angry Joe just a year ago we were told the dream was still alive, huge battles, elites, PvE open world was all still planned . Saying you'll do something , charging upfront and not delivering is never going to win you many fans...We don't have anything you could class as PvE content, Open world, huge battles, Territory control even 6 months after launch.

They've proved in the past to take anything they say with a pinch of salt, anyone should doubt anything they say especially those who have been here longest.
    Matsukovich and Brother-Bardiel like this.
  3. ItsGary Recruit

When the funding is low, The Development team is small thats not really an option. Its also not a simple one.

Exactly, People with any sense will just think about it before spending money or even going for another product from the same team.

A year is a long time to and the dream of that is simply not existent No openworld PVP/PVE content at all. Its very likely what we have now with some skins, new weapons and balance changes for the foreseeable future.
  4. Sweeeet, there's already precedent.

4,5 second movie? I bet my game'd take at least 9 seconds to play through.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Actually, I think what you're talking about is called a scam.
  6. Nah, plans change, pre-ordering something doesn't guarantee you'll get exactly that.
    If they're not willing to risk it, they shouldn't pre-order.
    All good & legal.
    ItsGary likes this.
  7. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

That's, like, normal for game development. To start with a big, fancy dream and then cut out the parts that don't pan out.

The difference is that EC started with way too much hype and also uses a very transparent development process. With most games we wouldn't have seen anywhere near this much information from the developer.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

And when people find your posts on this forum announcing your intent to scam them out of money by promising a game you have no intention of delivering...?
  9. Xile Xile Member

The difference is they took peoples money. Games like Ark, Rust and other "Early Access" in general have the same issues but they never made a totally different genre of game
  10. "I'm gonna go check the posts of Eternal Crusade forum user Princess Skyheart's posts to find evidence regarding this case".

First thing people will think of, guaranteed.
    Harkus and DerelictHeretic like this.