Background Image

The new DLCs are bull. Way to slap the vets in the face.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemoSupremo, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

You are invited, make our guns look badass, it's the only thing we get for being long term veteran supporters.

We spent $50, we got 40krtc which you acted like it was some sort of gift but WE SPENT $50! Of course we get 40k rtc!

Also don't throw the free game in our face like it's some super special gift, the game was on sale for $8 at one point very recently? Woop doo.

So we are left with the Venerable weapons, the one thing we got that nobody else can get "Supposedly". Yet they are literally some of the worst looking weapons in the game.
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  2. Gazrick Gazrick Well-Known Member

@Oveur Nathan, why doesn't your sexy, golden ass just host us up some servers so I can at least vent my Orkish frustration while I wait for you to scream at Amazon enough for them to stop telling you "computer says no"?

Also can you (or someone else from bE) at some point explain the differences clearly and concisely between the new DLC for EC, the founders/EA versions of EC and any other versions that are going around? Information on their costs would also be useful. Might help quell some of the angst here?
  3. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

No, mods get flags from other players. If I wanted to close this thread, the button is right here. What I did ask for is monitoring and let me know what's happening since I'm deep in getting servers back online. "They", that are after you, did not press any buttons.
  4. Plongo Subordinate

There is no honor there, only sarcasm.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOywn1qArI

Thought you were referencing that speech.

Well it WAS 2004!

Uhhh...

You ever seen old swords in real life?

http://www.romancoins.info/milit-gladii-Nim.jpg

Not exactly in usable condition.
  6. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

7. Plongo Subordinate

8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Depends on the chapter imo. If something had battle damage or scars from a battle that had significance they might not repair the damage. Like say a bolter deflected a blow from a daemon prince and helped stop said daemon prince they might just repair it to functionality but leave battle scars. I'm pretty sure space wolves have revered weapons of old that have nicks and scratches in them. It's all about context.

Then like we said before it also matters what faction we mean. I mean do you think orks would have a 10,000 year old shoota? Maybe a rusty sword would offend ultras but I can think of other marine chapters that might just want to try and preserve a weapon in an as is state. If a chainsword had been covered in primarch blood and used to win the day do you think they'd keep it in an as is state or wipe it down completely?
    Plongo likes this.
  9. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

A couple of things.

You got 40K RTC, worth $40, and the weapons pack, now exclusive to you. You also get a lot of more things. That gift of the full game? You can sell it on the Steam marketplace for whatever you want instead. Even RTC, because if you buy RTC on the Steam store page, you can select gift instead of for yourself.

And sorry, I have a trigger. OK, quite a few. But the fact that we did Humble Bundle for charity with Bandai Namco which actually ended up being quite big, to help people - and get more players to shoot for our playerbase. Sorry, you have no sympathy from me. We got nothing out of it, except the benefit of more players and helping someone who needs it. $8 is a lot of food in countries where people are dying every day.

Woop doo indeed.
    DoomJester likes this.
  10. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

This is what Venerable should look like Nathan.

[​IMG]