Background Image

The new DLCs are bull. Way to slap the vets in the face.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RemoSupremo, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

Why is it that the older players, the ones who bought the game for full price get Rusty crappy looking weapons for our reward for purchasing and supporting the game before it went f2p. Yet as soon as f2p hits in the DLC we see cool looking "Adamantium" and "Silver" weapons that need to be bought for $20 a pop.

How about you update the Venerable weapons to actually be Venerable.

ven·er·a·ble
    ˈven(ə)rəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    1. accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, wisdom, or character.
      "a venerable statesman"
      synonyms: respected, venerated, revered, honored, esteemed, hallowed, august, distinguished, eminent, great, grand
      "the venerable Martin Steed joined our faculty in 1962"
      • (in the Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a deceased person who has attained a certain degree of sanctity but has not been fully beatified or canonized.
      • (in the Anglican Church) a title given to an archdeacon

Do you think that our Venerable weapons should look like they were found in the damn garbage? Because that's what they look like. They look like someone left them out in the rain for 3000 years.

Because Bjorn sure does look like someone left him in a puddle of mud for 10,000 years, not decked out and respected or anything.

[​IMG]

Do right by us @Oveur

We supported your game when it was barely a game. Stuck by you when the numbers fell into the low hundreds.

Re-do those Venerable weapons, make them look bad-ass like they should, like Bjorn.

Don't throw us in the garbage now that f2p is here. If people want to come in and say I'm whining go ahead. But you all know those Venerable weapons look like shit and that's why most of us don't even use them. Except the Ork ones, because for some UNGODLY reason Ork guns have actually be maintained. What in the hell is with that?

EDIT NATHAN: I'm in a rush, Amazon is down and intermittent outages means the forums as well. Answering here so you all see.

1. I already hinted at Venerables being pimped out, see Steam news - the official news site for ... well, official news! They are also never available again, like the Relic pack.
    2. You are supposed to be able to buy the Imperium edtition, that's $50 for $100 of stuff for previous customers. Steam just doesn't allow it right now due to technicalities we're figuring out. That's 50% off.
    3. Of course we made the DLCs good looking. We wouldn't on purpose make them bad looking.
    4. Previous customers already got $20 of RTC as a thank you.
    5. Previous customers will recieve a Steam gift version of the $20 Squadron Edition. You can sell it on the marketplace after 30 days if you don't have a friend to give it to.
    6. More to come.

Ima go back now to scream at Amazon for crashing our servers k.

<3

Nathan
  2. Sceviour Sceviour Arkhona Vanguard

they dont need us anymore
    AddyRedrum, Sage, Yuki and 13 others like this.
  3. I. Macha jassz Firebrand

You tell 'em! Something that should have done months ago, once again. To be fair I (and probably quite a few others) stuck with EC purely because there was no other WH40k third person multiplayer shooter. If there was an alternative with the same setting and similar genre I would have jumped ship a long time ago.
  4. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

A unique look will always be coveted even if its bad looking imo. I see old weapons with slight variants I don't have and think "man wish I had that..." knowing full well I'd never even use it. Imo its a first world problem kinda thing.
  5. [​IMG]
    XRuinX, AddyRedrum, Hotab and 11 others like this.
  6. You got to be kidding me, right?
    We get the rusty ol' fresh-out-of-the-trashcan stuff and new players get... Silver and adamantium cool lookin stuff?

@Oveur how high are the chances that founders who backed you up when you needed money could also get those? Would be a token of respect and much appreciated
  7. Hey, remember the black and pink MC bolter for Chaos? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    XRuinX, mikk34, Amurael and 16 others like this.
  8. War4Ever War4Ever Arkhona Vanguard

Awesome not only do they look way cooler they're also not MasterCrafted for once so they're actually viable in loadouts! WOW! :(
    AddyRedrum, Yuki, Harkus and 5 others like this.
  9. Well...the Twitch show tomorrow has "Venerable Chainswords" on the list of production updates.

Perhaps they're getting a facelift and other Venerables will follow?
  10. I. Macha jassz Firebrand

I would like to see a screenshot of these noob bling weapons if anyone has them