Background Image

The Lion's Death Guard list

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Lion_El_Jonson, May 7, 2016.

1. So I was hoping for some opinions on this 1850 point list I'm attempting to make. Do share yours if you want. The basic idea is a creeping barrage style army. A merciless advance under continuous Medusa fire.

Death Guard (1847pts)

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1847pts)

HQ (262pts)

Legion Centurion (95pts)
    Power Armour
    Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes
    Consul (45pts)
    Siege Breaker (45pts)
    Art of Destruction

Legion Praetor (167pts)
    Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon (35pts), Chainfist (15pts), Combi-Weapon (7pts), Grenade Harness (10pts), Master of the Legion
    Grenade Harness, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes, Master of the Legion

Troops (630pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (315pts)
    19x Legion Tactical Space Marines (190pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (40pts)
    Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
    Legion Tactical Sergeant (15pts)
    Combi-Weapon (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (315pts)
    19x Legion Tactical Space Marines (190pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (40pts)
    Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
    Legion Tactical Sergeant (15pts)
    Combi-Weapon (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts)

Elites (490pts)

Legion Terminator Squad (240pts)
    Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Heavy Flamer (10pts), Legion Terminator Sergeant, 5x Legion Terminators (150pts), 5x Power Fist (25pts)
    Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (250pts)
    Legion Veteran Sergeant, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines (135pts), 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web (50pts), Sniper
    Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Sniper (Sniper), Veteran Tactics

Heavy Support (465pts)

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (465pts)
    Legion Medusa (155pts)
    Phosphex Shells
    Legion Medusa (155pts)
    Phosphex Shells
    Legion Medusa (155pts)
    Phosphex Shells

Rite of Battle: Creeping Death

Mist-Clad: Infantry in the detachment in open ground gain a 5+ cover save as long as no enemy models are within 12" of them

Bio-Phage Bombardment: After everyone's deployed (including Scouts and infiltrators), roll a D6 for each terrain piece representing a wood or jungle. On a 4+, the cover save they grant decreases by 1 and it becomes Dangerous Terrain to anyone who doesn't have the Death Guard special rule.

Toxin Weapons: All frag grenades and missiles are boosted to Strength 5.

Must include a Siege Breaker.

In games with Attacker and Defender roles, the user must always be the Attacker.

Traitors only
  2. I forgot to add Chem munitions on my flamers. I might add a Death Guard Scythe on my Terminator Sergeant, as its better then a fist. Nuncio vox's are there so I can essentially always have sight for my Medusa's for anyone wondering. The Siege Breaker will be with the Veterans, to provide tank hunter, and of course to give my Medusa's Phosphex. I might use artificer armour, I'll see how well I can keep him alive. and the Terminators are there mostly to assault vehicles (Dem Spartan assault tanks).
  3. Cindersun J-Rod Subordinate

Wow that is A LOT of fire power.
  4. The only thing I'm worried about is deepstrike lists. But few units actually have deepstrike in 30k.
  5. OneOfMany KorCharon Preacher

Kinda sad that it has no legion specific units in it :(
  6. Kinda hard when one is Death Shroud, and I refuse to use them with anyone but the primarch. And the other being Grave Wardens, I'll probably add Grave Wardens if I'm going 2000 points.