Background Image

The Importance Of Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warsmith_Matt, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

Origin (of bugs and privacy violation)...
    fatrat likes this.
  2. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I think you underestimate Behavior.

World of Warcraft didn't need steam. It's an MMO. No high calibre MMO Requires steam for longevity.

We get it, you have lots of trophies on steam and a community of friends. What you experience is trauma, at the mere thought of being away from steam to play a game.

The real cost of the game on steam is sub-par security. Your need for steam doesn't outweigh an MMO having, and maintaining security and legitimacy. The price of having hack mods in games is not worth a community of people who buy, play and, the worst part, talk about terribly average games.

Blizzard is the epitome of PC gaming. Behavior are walking the same path of excellence.

No more steam threads. Thanks in advance.
    Ardenstrom likes this.
  3. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

you mean that greenlight stuff and other indie titles ? i for my part never fancied how they even got into steam in the first place...
  4. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

I don't care one way or another. Provided there is an independent release from behaviour.

I would prefer to get it from the dev website because presumably that means more of the profits in their hands, the ones who made the game.
    Stahl likes this.
  5. Attias Attias Prefectus

Lots of valid opinions and positions on this topic so here is mine for the powers that be to consider:

I purchase and play my PC games via Steam and my expectation is that EC will be fully integrated with it (and by integrated, I mean that I want to be able to purchase things in-game with my Steam Wallet or via their credit card purchase system).

I have no interest at all in dealing with PayPal, Skrill or heaven forbid, game cards in order to buy in-game items. Thanks for reading.
  6. fatrat fatrat Subordinate

No, this is not funny it's hysterical. :p
  7. Ardenstrom Ardenstrom Active Member

/fixed

Anyway, I gave this idea a thought and even though I use Steam all the time, I think Eternal Crusade can live without.
  8. Tradias Member

I want a big box full of goodies, but unless I heard wrong we aren't getting any collector's editions. Even if we did I would still activate through Steam for convenience.
  9. Bob Well-Known Member

I have never in the past, nor will I in the future, give any amount of fucks about achievements. Just sayin'
    Steam is about digital delivery to the widest possible audience and to think otherwise is naivete at best and outright stupidity at worst.

Explain to me how Steam has anything to do with internal security. Explain to me how having a game on Steam means that it has to use Valve servers. Explain to me how "legitimacy" has ever been maintained in an MMO.

Blizzard is the epitome of PC gaming? That must explain why the one game they still have that's considered even remotely "legitimate" by e-sports organizations has a stale and entirely predictable meta game.
    Hold on, still laughing. I'll let you know when I'm done.

I'm not saying that Eternal Crusade should be on Steam. I honestly really don't give a shit if it is or not. Anyone who buys this game on a console is basically buying it through a Steam equivalent or playing it on one.
  10. Fraxxxi Fraxxxi Subordinate

while I would prefer to have all of my games (ALL OF THEM!) on steam, some games have opted for
    [​IMG]
    and are available as both a stand-alone client and a steam client (airmech and smashmuck champions are ones that immediately come to mind).
    and honestly, I think that's just the best way to go for everybody.
    MrKrisSatan and Chaos Lord Aadil like this.