Background Image

The hunt for the clothless Ranger

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Honestly I don't know how much more could need detail. If I had to suggest anything it might be about the ribbons on the belt looking a little too...clean.

I really hope those higher ups don't shut this down. The loss of work and hope....well, best we hope for the best instead.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Yeah, ok. I think at this point its kinda official:
    Fuck Ynnead! There is only one who can bring our species back from the brink of extinction and we shouldnt let the fact that they are a Human Bonesinger bother us.
    Brujah likes this.
  3. Techpriest ImperatorTitanV Steam Early Access

Made some further progress on the normal maps, some work is still left but getting close to finally being done with it. If everything goes well, I'll be able to start texturing either today or tomorrow.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I looked at the 3d model of the DA hood and robe before, it's a flat mesh with no thickness which is why it looks so paper thin. I'd want to remake it from scratch later on and give it the full robe and thickness that it needs. Those pictures are some very cool WH40K designs that need to come to life.

Agreed, the ribbons aren't final, they of course still need texturing and I'm going to adjust them to look less flat as well. Later on I might even give them physics so they can flow freely in the game, although I'll have to probably do some hand-animating of them so they don't go crazy.
  4. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

Do not forget, however, that Techmarines have Artificer Armor as a standard-issue wargear improved from their standard armor during their tutelage on Mars. They wear heavier armor than your average marine by default, and have augmetic enhancements to boot. Their standard arm should cost them nothing, and neither should their armor.

Not for no reason, of course. Techmarines, when they dont use bolters, wield an Omnissian power axe. It's a two-handed weapon that, in Astartes hands, could probably put anything lighter than a thunder hammer to shame. THey could trade some of their up to FOUR (The Black Templars' Master of the Forge as depicted in Helsreach had four servo arms. Do not forget that servo arms are more bulky than mechadendrites.) servo arms for a powerful melee weapon instead of their bolter or for armor/health, while having all four grants a total of 75% faster repair speed.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Just a quick something I noticed. Is the hood clipping into the eye?

Also, the detail you added onto the robes if it isn't just a trick of the eyes, duid it raise the polycount back up? By how much if so?
  6. Techpriest ImperatorTitanV Steam Early Access

First texturing has begun. We are now in the final phase.

I will upload the forum thread later when there is more texturing work done. For now, first pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Detail close-up)

Reference image:

[​IMG]

No raise whatsoever, it's all just a texture, and just a redo of the previous normal map with increased detail.

Sorry if I missed anyone's post, it's first dawn here and I still haven't slept. Off to bed. :p
  7. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

That is some outstanding work, well done!
    I really hope bE will see the light and work with out to add that, and hopefully pay you for it.
    Eldritch likes this.
  8. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

If the Ranger is added, I guarantee it will bring back some players. But only as a basic class, in order to be the Eldar answer to Stalker Bolters and Autocannons.
    DrDooManiC and Xi0 like this.
  9. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

This just for the cosmetic alone, if I have to pay cash I expect permanent use at all times, imagine buying a £30 skin on Dota or LoL that I can only use once every 30 minutes and could lose instantly, that's why the elite system sickens me as a gamer
  10. Techpriest ImperatorTitanV Steam Early Access

https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/showcase-eldar-ranger-model-by-techpriest.68782/

The texturing thread is now up.

I'd like to thank all of you again (yes, I know I thank you a lot, but it's hard to contain how grateful I am!:p) for your interest, attention and suggestions you have given me. I'll be moving future updates to the general discussion thread, so remember to check back there. :D

Again, sorry if I missed replying to anyone in this thread, it's not my intention to ignore you. I always try to get back to posts which have questions or suggestions.

Also @The-Forge-Dragon, I missed your first question, yes, there was some clipping, I further addressed that part and it should be fixed now. If I notice any more problems in that area, I'll go back and adjust some more. Also, personal shout-out and thanks from me to you for being so active and encouraging in this thread. :)