Background Image

The Future of this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acepost, Nov 3, 2018.

1. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

This.
    Cyberjankie likes this.
  2. I'm going to say, BE won't renew their server contract in 2020.

Dropping the price tag, placed another nail in EC's coffin. It brought a flood of toxic players and bad publicity. Hell, there's videos on YouTube where creators cue up to stream snipe and point out how garbage the maps are.

Personally, I believe BE had many opportunities to fix EC but their "pet project" (and god knows where else the money went) was more important --- and failed hard.

Sony, SoE/Daybreak, and NCSoft would have done ten-times the justice to EC. Even in their slowest content draughts.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Sony sold all their pc games off to new publishers .. to focus on mobile games.

Sony also hired a company called pro seben to handle eu distribution for planetside2

Pro Seben sold all the players personal data to data miners and since then i've been getting telemarketing phone calls asking fo a mr cat nium

Yeah sony does great stuff
  4. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

Hold your fucking horses! What Pro Sieben is distributing Planetside2?! Pro Sieben is a shitty german TV-Channel why the hell would you let them handle games...
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Not anymore. ( thank the chaos gods!)
    Player base complained so sony had to ditch them after a while.
    That was a few years ago.
    Than some time later they sold it off to a new publisher
    And now it's all owned by daybreak.. and their doing an ok job.

Its because of the whole ordeal I went through with ps2 that I knew Nathan here was talking outta his ass most of the time.. because similar things were said and done by the old head of development from ps2

he also made a lot of promises that never happened..
    Tried to hype us for new content that never happened.

All the while just releasing gold re- colored reskins of guns for 25 a pop. or someshit like that .. basically cash grabbing and hyping vaporware content knowing full well that they was gonna do none of the above and just sell it off to some new publisher.
    ( now you know why i hate bolter reskins:mad: )
    And all that jazz..
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  6. Now, this I didn't know.

I wonder if they still get royalties from the DoW series, since their logo is still on them?
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna ignore all the doom and gloom and play EC occasionally like I have been doing for a while now.
    If they ever make it passed 2020 I might even invest some cash in buying some bulk cosmetic's.
    But not before because .. wel .. I don't trust them enough to keep the lights on..
    I already learned my lessons from games like Paragon and Gigantic.

So we'll see.
    LOBOTRONUS and Deadknight like this.
  8. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

same with me

i don't want to buy something and then they close the game

i think all old players are thinking the same thing
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.