Background Image

the future of the space wolf: black library takes all the bets

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Grigdusher, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

that sounds more like it could create more chaos then do more good, sounds like to me it would be a plan for slannesh to pull eldar fall two electric boogaloo by sending tainted eldar souls strait into the eldars infinity circuit and wraith constructs tainting them with chaos and making the eldar lose there only hope from escaping slannesh.
  2. Yeah I'm sure that even if that was the plan that releasing the depraved souls of the Eldar Empire, Commorragh and claimed Craftworlders driven insane by an unfeasible amount of warp time as the plaything of the god of perfect perversion would have no sort of negative impact on the Infinity Circuit.

Seriously, they'd need Smurfus Prime level plot armor for that to not go horrifyingly wrong.
  3. Freeboota Ragnak Johnny Steam Early Access

If they remove slaanesh I'm honestly going to punch through reality just to hit the poor sod who came up with that idea.

(Turns out Slaanesh is being replaced by the Great Horned Rat... *insert Age of Sigmar into 40k*)
    dx144 and Hell_Grunt like this.
  4. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

I've just recalled that The Rock was speedily making haste towards the Cadian sector ignoring other planets and distress calls for some grand importance in the later days of the 41st Millennium, yet now it has arrived in the Fenris system and I can't find any reason as to why it was so important that it got Cadia, was this retconned or did I just miss a huge chunk of lore?

I recall it seemed pretty important as it had an End times connotation.
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/wolf-trap-eshort.html
    THE STORY
    All across the Fenris system, the Space Wolves battle to drive back the forces of Chaos. Though an entire Imperial crusade fleet has arrived to aid the fight, their motives and actions are at odds with the Space Wolves’ own, and tempers are running high. When Egil Iron Wolf and his company emerge from the underworld to find Midgardia a world of ash, and all its people dead, they swear a terrible vengeance on the Dark Angels who instigated the attack.
  6. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

Didn't the dark angels end there fued long ago with the space wolves? Is it now starting up again?

Also how did the dark Angel's even hear of what's going on in fenris and manage to get a cruasade fleet isn't everyone spread thin also what happened to the space wolvesa huge fleet
  7. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

I've never heard of it ending.

The DA were probably headed to Fenris anyway seeing as they saw the Firehowlers Company fly off with a load of mutants. The Crusade Fleet doesn't really take away from the Marine Companies. They're crewed by normal humans and went along with a pretty reasonable idea.]

The Wolves fleet went all over to grab the Wulfen and got delayed by Warp stuff.
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Tzeentch did it,to be precise his Changeling and if the rumours are true Magnus aswell.
  9. Crowe castellan_crowe066 Steam Early Access

So with the Changling being involved and possibly Magnus, I wonder if we will see GK's make an appearance in this. Wouldn't that make for a fun plot twist :p

Galen your first post basically captured my exact thoughts as well on the fate of the SW, GW would be fools to kill them off. I would think this conflict could even give GW the idea to release a battle box similar to Black Reach with SW's being one of the armies. They have done it for the Ultras and DA's already. The only other Space Marine Chapters left to pick from would be the BA's or SW's

I know a few people were mentioning this plot line could lead to the return of Russ, I can't help but wonder if this could also bring about the awakening of the Lion and the Watchers from the Rock as well. With how poor the relationship is between the DA and SW this conflict could be the powder keg that could kick off a major crisis for the Imperium, which without major intervention (by primarchs) really screw over the Imperium. Just my two cents.
  10. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Spoilerz!

They are allready involved .
    Regarding the rest there is some talk about primarch models for 40k...but as with all rumours use prefered amount of salt.
    castellan_crowe066 likes this.