Background Image

the future of the space wolf: black library takes all the bets

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Grigdusher, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Nah its not as if GW would get rid of their favorite fury-sues!
  3. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

I can't help but think GW wouldn't royally screw over one of the most iconic and popular founding chapters that generates money... But then... there needs to be a radical shake up for Warhammer 40,00: Age Of Endtimes to become viable.

My money is on Leman Russ comes back spontaneously and through an epic retcon the curse of the wulfen is cured by being reunited with their Primarch ... or the last option... Or something.

It has come to my attention though that a lot of people don't exclusively view these events as canon for a variety of reasons such as dissatisfaction with how they come to fruition or the portrayal, rather they prefer to cherry pick certain events or stories and formulating their own mini universes which many a time have been used in debate or argument revolving around the actual I.P or Lore.

Ofcourse this has always occurred, people having their own headcanon on how things work or what they expect to happen along with created fanon but it has become frequent that people will just refuse to accept actual events in the background lore are cannon but my treat something else in the same codex or page as having occurred, I find that quite interesting for whatever reason especially since it seems to be growing.
  4. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

I can't help but think the Thousand Sons weren't that involved in the whole thing.
  5. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

They werent involved in the book!That doesnt mean they weren't pulling some strings in the backround.Though this seems more like Tzeentch playing than TS plotting.
  6. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

To be honest the horrendous 'plot-twists' that the GW writers can conjure up dosen't seem to have any boundaries, it wouldn't surprise me if the Space Wolves and Dark Angels decided to join Chaos in the end just because, reasons...

"Oh but that's way too far fetched, that would never happen!"
    The End Times.
    Curse of the Wulfen.
  7. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

What I remember is references to the Despoiler being the string puller. So unless there's more than one Despoiler or the Thousand Sons now rule all Chaos Marines it seems clear they aren't to me. Although I may have been thick and missed stuff.
  8. It's growing because every codex type book has sucked lately. I will never accept these Wulfen, because the story is dumb. But...nothing is as bad as the Iron hands supplement.
  9. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Not even Iyanden?
  10. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

I still refuse all of this to be canon, mostly because of the starting point.

A demon-in the rok-tricking the dark angels

An inhabitant of the warp which manages to hide in a place patrolled by creatures that literaly smell the presence of Chaos, and manages to fool the chapter which goes nuts more than the inquisition by simply listening to the word heresy.

How much of a lazy writer must you be to bend the lore to this point?