Background Image

The Forces Of Chaos Vs The Tyranids?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Duster, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Only if you're very highly favored
  2. Sharr Savage Curator

I believe the Undivided forces, such as the Word Bearers would send in waves of Cultists too keep the Tyrannids at bay. While they estblished a stronger spear point offensive to strike right into the heart of the hive mind
  3. *swarm

You mustn't forget that the Tyranids, more times than not, have air superiority. And with good reason.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grigdusher likes this.
  4. Erobar Erobar Steam Early Access

So does Chaos, may i remind you of the Fearsome firepoweer of our Heldrakes, the chaotic bombardments of our Hell Talons, the swift maneuvering of our Hell blades, and the Horror that our Harbingers can bring to entire cities in one fell swoop, not to mention the carnage unleashed by Nurgle's Blight drones, and Tzeenntch's fire lords and Doom wings?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

Tyranids don't come to mind when I think of Air superiority. Imperial Navy and other loyalist sects have that trumped, considering their air vehicles have greater speed, armour, armament and transport capacity than anything the Tyranids can conjure in planetary engagements. Chaos would come second.
  6. Sharr Savage Curator

As Erobar "Lord of Change" pointed out. Chaos has it's fare share of Air superiority as well. Not just the Helldrakes, but the daemons of Chaos as well.

The Cultists and renegades would be better suited for revealing all the enemy forces, studying the insects strategies and thinning out their numbers. All the while the Chaos Legions prepare to engage. The sacrifice provided by the cultists and renegades would give their blood for Khorne and their souls to Slaanesh. Their rotting flesh would idealy strengthen Nurgle's gifts of plauge and disease to the swarms.
    Erobar Lord of change likes this.
  7. Just a curious question: Would the Shadow in the Warp affect them?
    Yes, but take in the sheer quantity of Harridans, Harpies, Hive Crones, Shrikes, Parasites, Gargoyles, Sky Slashers, and spore mines in a Tyranid assault. All the while mysetic spores are raining down. The Hive Mind is seldom on the defense.
  8. Shadow in the Warp
  9. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

Not really, just doing some research on this "Shadow of the Warp" and it only appears to affect psykers or lifeforms untouched by the nightmares of the warp.
    Heldrakes aren't psykers, they're daemon engines, pilots fused with the core of their aircraft.

I don't see how this has anything to do with Sharranous' post... Since the Shadow in the Warp isn't going to prevent sacrifices taking place, or studying the Tyranids....
  10. He said daemons. The shadow in the warp definitely affects daemons.