Background Image

The Forces Of Chaos Vs The Tyranids?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Duster, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Blood God Kaos Active Member

LOCK IT IN A CLOSET WITH SLAANESH FOR 10 SECONDS AND IT WILL BEG US TO LET IT DIE
  2. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

Pretty sure Slaanesh would be the first to come out of it tbh.
  3. cancer RobotElectroJones Well-Known Member

I read this in Jamie McDonald's voice from The Thick of It and almost pissed myself laughing.
  4. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

So, just to further throw fuel on the fire. We all know about Shadowbrink, and we all know how the pro tyranids like to use this as the template for against, but I actually found something that directly contradicts this argument in the Daemons codex.

War Without End
    [...]With each new dawn, ichor mingles with blood on a million battlefronts, each massacre and cataclysm fresh meat for the Lordof Battle's table. Eldar and human, Daemon and Ork, Tyranid [emphasis mine] and Tau; all are gore-splattered playthings dancing for Khorne's personal gratification.
    -pg 11 6th ed Codex: Chaos Daemons by Robin Cruddace & Phil Kelly
  5. cancer RobotElectroJones Well-Known Member

As usual, codices will contradict each other to make their faction's willy look bigger than all the other factions' willies. Better to use BL novels as a source IMHO.
    Chaplain-Valerius likes this.
  6. I don't think its necessarily a contradiction - the resolution seems to be that, while Khorne does accept Tyranid blood as sacrifice, he prefers the blood of the other races.

Afterall, a Tyranid doesn't care about its death. It can barely even be called a true death - its no different to the Hive Mind than one of your skin cells dieing is to you. So it brings him comparatively little pleasure.
    Chaplain-Valerius likes this.
  7. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

I also think it means that he appreciates it when something can prove capable enough to best his minions, and since he apparently feeds off Daemons as well, he also appreciates it when his own minions destroy something else too.
  8. Treva plcdanfly First Blood!

But if the Tyranids go to the warp, they would meet Kaldor "Wolverine" Draigo. He will handle it, single-handedly, with the power of Mary Sue.