Background Image

The Forces Of Chaos Vs The Tyranids?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Duster, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Also a very fatal blow would be killing the Tyranids main controller, The Hive Mind itself for it controls every single tyranid like a chess piece and targeting it a certain star system. The only problem is, its a suicidal attack, for the reason you have to get past away from the Milky Way galaxy itself and find the Hive Mind (And face an endless horde of Tyranids). If you manage to survive and find it, usually you will die easily since most psykers always goes insane or even die when they find or look upon the Hive Mind, for the fact that its a complete mass of psychic energy and is very complex in structure and its power. Speaking of psychic energy, It can travel through the Immaterium itself to summon a Hive Fleet same as how the Astronomican works.

I bet its a massive stalemate if the Hive Mind shows itself on the Immaterium. If the Tyranids lose (They avoid Chaos when they can) and the Hive Mind gets destroyed, the Tyranids start to live on their own which sounds better since you dont have to fight them at a staggering WAAAGH! like scale.
  2. Leois Leois Subordinate

Yeah! absolutely, but if I don't have wrong I think I read that that a daemonic incursion can be stopped by "simply" fighting until whatever which brings them collapses, although hate and all such emotions fuels the daemons.
  3. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

The reason why the Maelstrom Girdle collapsed is because the Tyranid's have no souls/emotions that the Daemons (and thus their gods) can feed on and the warp rift itself collapsed due to the expenditure of energy. If the Tyranids invaded the Immaterium, then that's the gods own ground. Considering that there are no laws of reality there, and that the Tyranids depend on that, then it'll be game over relatively quickly for the Tyranid race. They are, after all, a race of organics. They can only really eat their own dead to gain biomass to adapt (as Daemons do not have physical bodies) so if the Daemons start corrupting that, then the Tyranids will die out. Meanwhile, the Chaos Gods have multiple dimensions to feed upon for emotions.

Besides, I think the Hive Mind exists in someway in the warp anyway, otherwise the whole 'Shadow in the Warp' makes no bloody sense whatsoever.
  4. Wyzilla Wyzilla Well-Known Member

The Hive Mind doesn't exist in the warp. It's the raw otherness that creates the shadow in the first place.
    RobotJones likes this.
  5. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

Right... and that still makes no fucking sense whatsoever due to it being something that supposedly has nothing to do with the warp. Nothing else is quite like it. I'm trying to think of an appropriate metaphor, but honestly the shadow in the warp is balls out retarded now, as it used to be just psychic static that overwhelmed people because it was literally trillions upon trillions of 'voices' chattering at once. Keyword being psychic. Besides, in game I can make a Daemon herald pop out of the husk of a Zoanthrope if I roll well and he rolls really badly.

It also doesn't make sense then that his hallowed lordship Tigurius can somehow use a psychic power to peer through and make some sort of sense of the Hive Mind otherwise.
  6. Actually the reason why its called the Shadow in the Warp for it being a Psychic Being and the ability to bloody enter the Warp.
  7. Wyzilla Wyzilla Well-Known Member

You don't need something to be psychic in order to peer into its mind and mind-rape it.
  8. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the hell you're saying. Drunk? English not your first language? (don't worry, sometimes it doesn't feel like it's mine either!)

I suppose not, but you'd think he'd need something similiar-ish to his own experiences in order to make some semblance of sense out of it. I detest this change to the Tyranids because more than not it feels like Chaos is starting to lose it's threat to increasing degree's. Ignoring Orks, because they've basically been immune forever really (I can't remember the last time 'Chaos Orks' have been mentioned at least), we have
    Tau, Necrons and now the Tyranids that are somehow immune to the threat/temptation of Chaos, compared to the Imperium of Man and Eldar who aren't.

It's starting to get really hard to see Chaos living up to it's 'big bad' vibe from yesteryear.
  9. Lord Malferon Malferon Subordinate

Don't worry we are still the main villains. Tau are inconsequential, orks are more like pests than a real threat, necrons are busy killing tyranids/being insane/collecting/biotransfering. Also, Chaos is undefeatable and infinite, Tyranids are finite and can be exterminated (with great effort).
    RobotJones likes this.
  10. Pardon me but yes, i may not be a native speaker of the language but i am trying my best to speak it adequately. :p
    Leois likes this.