Background Image

The Forces Of Chaos Vs The Tyranids?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Duster, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

What makes you say that? Did the C'tan ever actually register the Tyranids as a threat? As to the Newcrons, they are actually more united now than when they were divided amongst themselves between the C'tan, because they were sects/cultists worshipping/being controlled by the individuals. Now, apparently the Silent King is pulling everyone's strings. There might be individual dissidents, but they are in the minority iirc.

Sorry, but tough that you feel that way. I see Tyranid players battling amongst themselves nearly every weekend. If I recall correctly there's even been some fluff battlereports in the WD that was about one being 'tainted' or that it was a 'biological testbed' for a next invasion... and even if there wasn't there ya go, I just fluff aligned it haha.
  2. well hate to say it, but thats just random excuses provided within that battle alone.
    i have played black templars vs black templars. thats never going to happen in fluff. if tabletop games were cannon, then the ultramarines would have--no, the BLACK TEMPLARS would have run out of marines LOONG ago.
  3. I mean, Black Templars vs Black Templars could happen in fluff...

Black Templar 1: Dorn should be revered in this way!
    Black Templar A: No! Dorn should be revered in this way!

Half of the Chapter explodes.

But, in the defense of the idea, there was a part in the 4e Codex (probably changed by now, I don't know) that said when Hive Fleets/Splinter Fleets meet there is a struggle to determine which side gets biomass rights through combat. The losing side is then hunted down and devoured for biomass.

If this has been mentioned to be false by the current codex (wasn't in 5e) then never mind. But if it hasn't, then there's fluff supporting the idea of tyranids fighting and devouring each other.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Jesus that sounds stupid, the Hive Mind fighting itself.
    I seriously think this was a simple case of some Ward tier dumbass getting his hands on the writing job.

I mean the example of fleets/tendrils fighting each other is like seeing a man undecided if he should eat with his left hand or his right hand. Then both hands pull out knives and stab each other to death while the man sits there in shock at the scene unfolding. Theres no logic behind the story, even Nids that went feral when a tendril was defeated get back in the Hiveminds graces the second a synapse creature graces their presence.
  5. Well, there's -some- logic behind Splinter Fleets doing this.

They consume enough of each other they have another Hive Fleet coalescing in the Milky Way.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Theres a massive difference between infighting and assimilation.
    Bioforms return to reclamation pools after combat, Hive Ships dont ferry trillions of gaunts at all time, matter of fact they are filled mostly by some Termigaunts and Tervigons patroling its living insides.
    So if they met they wouldnt engage each other, rather become a single entity by the will of the Hive Mind.
  7. I think it meant a planet. I dunno.

It probably changed in 6e.

From the Codex:

CONVERGENT EVOLUTION
    Recent reports of the splinter fleets of the known hive fleets turning on each other in a full-scale cannibalistic war have been greeted with elation only by the short sighted. When one considers the end result of any usual conflict involving Tyranids it becomes apparent that when one hive fleet fights another no resources are expended whatsoever. Infighting of this kind, usually taking place upon the surface of a planet, is the perfect way to determine which of the two hive fleets has the stronger component parts. Eventually, the weaker of the two forces is driven back and finally slaughtered. Then, as with all victims of the Tyranids, their bodies are rendered down and absorbed by the bio-ships of the victor. In this manner, none of the biological matter seemingly destroyed in this internecine conflict is wasted at all. Furthermore, any strengths that the losing hive fleet may have assimilated or evolved over the course of its conquest thus far are absorbed at a cellular level and mingled with those of the victorious hive fleet in a new hybrid generation of warriors more effective than the sum of its parts.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

I think ill reiterate my previous comment, Ward fuckery.
    Its like my toes suddenly deciding to see whos stronger, i as the controller of both would simply disallow this.

To me personally it reeks of Newcrons and trying to shove individuality into something that shouldnt have it to begin with.
    And while i hate Newcrons i find that something that had individuality and sentience once could arguably get it back. But if Nids ever actually go that route its the day i swear of my love for them.
    The Hive Mind has better things to do that set up "to the death cage matches" with its own armies, the Hive Mind isnt the Chaos Gods playing the Great Game in the Warp.

Its primary drive is to feed and grow, what that codex insert explains is simply a pointless illogical response considering simpler and faster assimilation is the logical way to go. Retaining all the traits of both by doing so as well, theres no need for the Hivemind to prove to itself which of his tendrils is stronger.
  9. wow.
    just...
    wow.
  10. Fireeye Fireeye Well-Known Member

And then the Hivemind actually was the outsider and everyone was nidshit insane.