Background Image

The Descent To Arkhona Fan Fiction Competition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Estera Estera Active Member

That was my concern. I intend to write about an Eldar, and I can't see myself using either option 1 or 2. They seem more tailored to the Imperials.

Oh well, option 3 it is!
  2. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Yeah the forced intro sentences are the biggest offender of the two and would be really jarring in a horus heresy level of seriousness.
    CrazyCanadian24 likes this.
  3. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

just to know, is it good if i use softwares such as open office?
  4. Ganelon Ganelon Well-Known Member

Option 3 restricts you in making an experienced Eldar though, unless you want to put an odd twist at the end of that line.

That should be fine, the OP only mentiones formats. If you write something in Open Office and save it as a .docx or .doc it can be opened in Microsoft Word.
    KroozaNob and CrazyCanadian24 like this.
  5. Estera Estera Active Member

It seemed the opposite to me. "but this would be the first time..." is implicative of inexperience, though that can be easily skirted by adding something along the lines of "...that she would do battle with the Orks in almost three hundred years."
  6. Ganelon Ganelon Well-Known Member

But that's just using more words to get around a retarded intro. Words that are scarce because Behaviour arbitrarily decided 2.500 should be the maximum.
  7. Estera Estera Active Member

An approach such as mentioned above actually makes the intro work for you, saving you a few precious words towards your maximum word count. In my theoretical intro, you learn that my theoretical Eldar has a history with the Orks, and possibly has an old grudge held against them that has festered for nearly three hundred years. I would consider that progress.
  8. Ganelon Ganelon Well-Known Member

Does that exemption include the words you add to the intro?
  9. Raex Raex Menial

"based on the descent to Arkhona, war preparations on your ship, and the journey through the warp"
    What does this mean? Are these all pieces that have to be in the story or what?
  10. Shadhunter Shadhunter Well-Known Member

Means you can't write an Eldar fic. :p Eldar don't use the warp.