Background Image

The Corpse Blocking Removal Petition Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Jul 11, 2018.

?

Should Corpse Blocking be removed?

1. YES - Remove Corpse Blocking for the love of -insert god- please! MORE KILL! LESS BLOCK!

2. NO! - That corpse pile is keeping me safe from that insane ball of whirling steel charging at me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Prolly been brought up a bunch of times but lets get something done about all those bloody corpses blockin' our way!

As the title says, 'Corpse Blocking' - Remove it please.

Let us all effortlessly wade, stride, leap, glide over the corpses of our enemies and allies alike with the ease, grace and elegance of the Eldar.

That way we can best serve the Orkey Gods, Elfey Gods? Dark Gods, and the Emprah by delivering as much Krumpin', Eligant, Murder-Justice as possible in the most efficient manor.

I've learnt it's best to keep the objective of a thread whose goal is to get something done as simple as possible. So if I haven't been clear enough yet, this threads objective is to do one thing, and one thing only. . .

REMOVE CORPSE BLOCKING
    , Thank you.

-edit-

Perhaps the word 'corpse' was too much, 'Downed Blocking Removal' would be better wording. Meaning that both enemies and allies bodies in downed state don't block anyone from moving.
  2. -after thought, possibly sheer brilliance-

By way of removing corpse blocking in a different, more grim, dark and fun way;

If Corpse Blocking wont/cant be removed, at least let us pick the corpse blocking our path up and use it as a shield while we walk towards our enemy who has to shoot through their allies downed body, now being carried towards them as a shield to get to us.
  3. And downed friendly blocking for melee... I'd rather kill them and an enemy than us both go down to an enemy...
    Schwifty likes this.
  4. But animations
  5. Just have the bodies ragdoll attached to the shield position and give every class the ability to pick up this 'shield' corpse, adjust the momentum of the ragdoll so its not flailing about too much and your good.
  6. Make it so you can roll through downed Players?
    No...?
    Eagle_11 likes this.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

No just make it so you can walk through them.

Yes feet will clip.
    And I don't care.
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

There is no corpse blocking in game, all corpses are weightless ragdolls.

Downed people are not corpses.
    Ivrain and Data8671 like this.
  9. Soon(TM) to be corpses
    Vaanes likes this.
  10. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

It's strategy to use yourself in the down state as a blocker. Not that I have any experience in having a downed state but I've seen blocking used to great effect.