Background Image

The Age Of Sigmar is upon us!

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by KroozaNob, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Gromnig Segersgia Subordinate

it looks taken off, though only because of the new Orc (don't make me say Orruk) and Sylvaneth stuff, which in my opinion looks great.

Age of Sigmar has started to take my interest. The fact they gave us a map that wasn't floating islands and weird Khorne structures gave me high hopes. What I want from Age of Sigmar is a well developed story with a liveable world to explore, not just constant war (weird saying that as an Ork)
  2. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

The new lore is really not my style. (I read through alot of it). But the Sylvaneth really strike my fancy.
  3. Gromnig Segersgia Subordinate

I can agree on that, but hopefully when they go a little deeper, it could give back some of the interest that we had from the Old World.

With the confirmation of a new Mordheim game, I'm fairly sure that it will be set in the Mortal Realms. This could show us some of the deeper ends of said Realms.
  4. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

AOS does seem to be taking off now they've finished it. (After what? A year after "release".)
  5. Sariel Searva Ordinate

Lore is changing sort of, its going to a continuous world rather than the independent floating island high fantasy nonsense.

The new Mordheim is still probably going to be set in the Old World just like the new Blood Bowl.
  6. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

It is just too much focus on overpowered godlike characters for me. Reminds me too much of Marvel/Dc and greek mythology. I really don´t care for how Sigmar lost his hammer. I prefer it when gods stay mythological beings that do not interfere most of the time. Has nothing to do with quality just personal preference.
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

https://seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

The foremost threat, of course, came from the worshippers of the Dark Gods. Nurgle was outraged that such places of purity and purpose should mar the bountiful entropy he had spread across Ghyran. His festering children were quick to regather their strength, marching to war once again beneath their rotting banners and rust-pealing bells. The worshippers of Khorne and Slaanesh gathered too, while from on high came sky-riding hosts of Tzeentchian daemons, and sorcerers seeking to destroy these new cities and plunder their secrets for themselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vW-1O4I9Y
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

"We made progress in what was another busy and rewarding year. We started the financial year off with a huge product launch;
    Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, one of the biggest changes we've ever made to one of our core universes. Our design to manufacture was
    outstanding, over-delivering in terms of original concept art to final manufactured models, producing some of the best models we've ever
    made. The simplified rules, supporting the models for those who like to play, made it much easier to get started. We learnt some valuable
    lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale and as we released more of the range in the second half of
    the year, we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years"

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Combined-document-with-front-page.pdf
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

10. And here I was about to ask what happened with the Narrative Campaign.