Background Image

The Age Of Sigmar is upon us!

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by KroozaNob, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

2. Sariel Searva Ordinate

Srsly? That better be fucking Tzeentch stuff
  3. So apparently they're starting a narrative campaign within the next few months to decide on how the story progresses.

On that note has anyone been getting into the lore? How is it, particularly the novel length books?
  4. I've been dipping in and out of it for a while. Sadly most of the actual rulebooks are following the same format as modern codices, where lore is minimal and heavily padded out with art. That said, there's some very interesting stuff here and there, especially when it comes to the structure, rules and nature of the world, not to mention the links between the various factions themselves. The link between Sigmar and Nagash in particular is a very fun point.

As for books, they're hit and miss. It seems like a lot of authors are going to be a while before they really get to grips with the new setting, but a few are showing promise. David Guymer's stuff is viciously bleak but seems to capture a lot of the more exaggerated Chaos elements well, and Josh Reynolds has hit the ground running. I'd recommend most things by them, but if you're looking for a good place to start the The Realmgate Wars Audio Drama Collection is the best option at the moment. It's pricey though, so perhaps take a look at The Prisoner of the Black Sun on its own or listen to a few extracts before considering the storyline.
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

yes they are in the new warhammer quest tzeentch birdpeople
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

7. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Didn't Elves kill Slaanesh or something?
  8. Saraph Midas Casavay Well-Known Member

Incapacitated, but in a way that makes it just as likely for GW to have all of her followers stop looking for her. Plus, there's an usurper called Luscious or something like that trying to get on Slaanesh's throne.

No Horned Rat either. Did I miss something?
  9. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Where is Setra?!!?!?111!
  10. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

I am sorry, but when was Mork supposed to be the brutal one?
    I know orkz tend to get confused, but I was pretty much sure Gork is the onr to first punch you in the face and then steal your stuff....