Background Image

The Adeptus Custodes approach...

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by cmonty, Jun 8, 2016.

?

Will you make an Custodes force?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yes.
    But GK Paladins wear Terminator Armour.

These Custodes are in Power Armour, so just imagine them with Jump Packs, on Jet Bikes, Ten of them piling out of a Rhino, etc.
    Then imagine what they'll be like in Terminator Armour!

You do know that Custodes are not Astartes, right?
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Ehm ,they are better than astartes true but not that much.After all if a captain can duel Valdor himself,or if they get killed by possesed they cant be that good.And then we have to consider their tactics aswell they dont do well in teams.
    And no they are not actual astartes but are pretty close.
  3. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Aren't possessed and captains quite powerful compared to your standard Marine. So a standard Custodes duelling them is actually pretty good.
  4. Corpus Pestilence cmonty Active Member

a Custodian named Vendatha kill 3 WB chapter masters in a second, and then survive a full bolter magazine and sword to the face. And on top he has 3 Custodes kill 7 out of 11 the original possessed marines the Gal Vorbak

Also Valdor dueled Horus and very nearly beat him. During the Burning of Propero him and 30 Custodes charged a group of 200 Thousands and they ended up killing them all but losing all but 5 custodes.

I saw some where that people play tested the rules that FW is going to release for them and a squad of 5 wiped a 20 man marine squad in one turn.
  5. Crowe castellan_crowe066 Steam Early Access

Yes I do. With many differences in their creation, genetics, organization etc... However, I have not gone through any of the books where they make an appearance so I did not know what their martial skills were like. Hence, why I always believed others when they said, "Custodes far surpass Astrates" and why I was surprised by their base state line being the same as a GK Paladins. Which I think is a good stat line, but maybe with a few changes to their WS and especially to their Ld.

I feel a Custodes should have a slight edge over a Paladin (whether he were in Power Armor or in Termie Armor) in a one on one duel.
  6. Captains in HH can be like 40K Captains or like 40K Chapter Masters.
    Plus the Gal Vorbak aren't your normal Possessed. In fact your normal 40K Possessed are pale imitations of the Gal Vorbak, and they only beat the Custodes because they fought as a team whilst the Custodes fought as individuals, and still the Gal Vorbak only just won.

There's been a couple of short stories, like Blood Games and Hands Of The Emperor, they was some background on them at the start of Nemesis, a bit about them in The Outcast Dead, but a lot more in The First Heretic. All HH stories.

A GK Paladin is a psyker, also one of the best engineered Astartes in 40K.
    Put them in Terminator armour, and they're the equal of power armoured Custodes.
    I get the feeling a Terminator armoured Paladin would get trounced by a Terminator armoured Custodes.
  7. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Yet they lost that is what matters.Being unable to fight as a coherent team has its downsides,i wonder how they will manage to portray that in the TT.
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Yet Phosis T'kar was able to duel Valdor even though he was aflicted.
  9. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Losing most of your elites to your enemies basic trooper is pretty bad too.
  10. Custodes can only be considered "basic troopers" by the most simplistic interpretation of the term.