Background Image

Tell me what the most excessive VFX are!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

My only issue was addressed in the the first response haha!
  2. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Screen Shake
    On behalf of myself and my partner, who suffers from chronic motion sickness, I'd definitely say that the screen shake is the most obnoxious. Specifically the proximity to magnitude does not seem appropriate.
    • Sometimes the screen shake is going on when there seems to be no nearby explosions. I notice this particularly on the new fortress map when standing on the stairs outside B.
    • The amount of screen shake is not intuitive: I believe the screen shake should only be extreme in cases where explosions are occurring right next to your character where you can see the source clearly. It feels strange to suffer enormous amounts of screen shaking when you don't even know what the source is.
    • I believe far-away explosions should be audible but there should be no real screen shake.
    Heavy Bolter Muzzle Flare (as user)
    As a Devestator or Havoc, it is almost impossible to see what you're firing at due to the muzzle flare. This seems to be especially true on the darker maps and when your target is close to you (where tracking them is much more important).

I understand that the heavy bolter is not supposed to really excel at close-quarters, but it's really frustrating that the reason for this is because you can't even see where your target is as he moves around you. Surely if the barrel is pointing at the enemy, the flare should be much more fierce for him than the user. Currently the heavy bolter user is more blind than his target.
    MCChivers and Zewks like this.
  3. Obbu Obbu Confessor

4. Gregor Thonius Curator

Oh pretty much all eldar Vfx is over the top.
  5. Kell Kell Well-Known Member

finally the issue i keep talking for months now about and didnt get attention by people and suddenly everyone have problem with VFX...

- Ork jet packs Lence flares
    - Ork heal grenades
    - Most light source give lence flares although they they light sources arent necessary to see something

i need to look in my old posts for more... didnt played some time now...
  6. Sarley Rann surly_badger Arkhona Vanguard

Plasmagun is a pain to use in dark areas. Pls fix.
  7. Seoge_87 Seoge_Gencov Steam Early Access

almost of Eldar's projectiles
    can see a THING when they got me in crossfiring.
    Each bullets are bright as an F♥♥♥♥♥♥ FLASHBANG
  8. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Stormboy's lens flare, all of the screenshake. Also the exhaust VFX on JPA and Raptor also needs an overhaul to something that looks more like it's coming out of a rocket.
  9. BrunoGrimaldi Mohax Active Member

Has anyone mentioned screenshake from explosions on the other side of map? Any screenshake is crap, but i guess we could tolerate small amount just to have a clue that a tank just exploded.
    Also there is Plasmagun flares, they are still blinding on full auto and uncomfortable on single shots.
    Abbadons Grace rays of death are also out of place - maybe make every 4th shot cause such effect?
    Cant say anything about healing grenades - im playing on lowest possible graphics save resolution quality (@BrentEllison - please make resolution quality default 100 in all graphics presets, it doesnt affect performance, at least i couldnt measure its effects, and it makes game look really bad on lowest.) so i dont see any clouds, but im sure they are here.
    And dust - dust everywhere, you should severly tone it down.
  10. the_dtox the_dtox First Blood!

Muzzle Flash on almost every weapon, for me, the most i use and find the most irritating are the Boltgun / Devastators / Plasma Gun.
    Mornek likes this.