Background Image

Tau And Chaos?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Montyr, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What do you think? Why not team up two people that could care less about each other?

1. What a great idea haters Teaming up

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Just another tAu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. For Chaos!!!!!! not the xeno taU

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Kill the Alien, the mutant' the Heretic.... wait WHAT!?!? there teaming up, well F***k!!!!

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Just No... what would they its Very unlikely

46 vote(s)
    55.4%
  6. Sure why the hell not who doesn't love Ch(A)os piped out Tau?

8 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Baygle Baygle Well-Known Member

Probably the fact that you can only trust a Khorne Berserker as far as the distance to his chain axe is.
    Or as likely as a Necron-Blood Angels alliance, or the idea that Grey Knights would slaughter Sororitas and bathe in their blood! ... also, I believe there has been an episode where Daleks and a certain Time Lord had a common interest at the beginning - it's just that you know that at one point one will turn against the other, and that's what would happen when allying with the followers of Chaos as well.
    Not that I want to disagree with you there, but Khorne isn't exactly everything Chaos has to offer. It could be in the interest of any other ruinous power, since they don't restrict themselves to bloodshed and melee combat - although I will admit that this is not of interest to one who follows the Bloodgods teachings.
    Khorlial likes this.
  2. The two powers who might gain the firmest hold on the Tau Empire would probably be Tzeentch and Slaanesh. Tzeentch for manipulation and hope, giving the Empire the chance to spread the Greater Good in more sly ways and Slaanesh for representing the perfection of the Greater Good.

Nurgle is the only other power who might find the ability to get a good portion of the Empire as well - but that's only because some might pray to him for relief from sickness and disease.

And this would probably be only in the non-Tau elements... and by that extent probably, mostly, the human elements as, I think, the majority of the Empire recognizes what Chaos is and stays away from it. (Could be wrong).
    TauKoro likes this.
  3. Khorlial Member

It's not all about efficiency of course I can see it would be strong, but as the hamster said don't trust any Beserkers, especially not a Beerzerker. And we have support from our undivided havocs, tactical marines etc. Tanks, Defilers, Dreadnoughts no need for Tau they will only be a liability.

Do think about the other 3 gods though and I do like Far'sight enclaves maybe the would like to spill blood for the blood god!? :)
  4. Fino Fino Well-Known Member

Well,as i have always said,Farsight is just a walking "Farsight heresy",ready to happen.His Dawn blade might very well corrupt him to the forces of chaos.(hopefully not).

Also O'Kais from Fire Warrior doesnt mind spilling blood for the blood god.

P.S:Tell me when your Defilers,Dreadnougts,etc. can kill a Scout Titan in a single shot.
    TauKoro likes this.
  5. Monty'r Montyr Preacher

well i don't really see what the chaos gods could possibly offer Farsight he does belive in a form of the greater good also he basicaly is immortal as well as he has power so really what else is there to offer him?
  6. Khorlial Member

7. Jazz Jazz Active Member

Wait, what? Farsight removed himself from the Tau Empire specifically because the Ethereals were hiding the true nature of Chaos. When he discovered what Chaos really way, he just took all his loyal forces and left. He hates Chaos and wouldn't join them. His sword on the other hand, is simply an arcane xenos life-stealing device that isn't related to Chaos at all.

And that's La'Kais, who was unwittingly manipulated by Khorne against Tzeentch, thus heightening his abilities. O'Kais was a student of Commander Puretide and the protagonist of Dawn of War.

Anyway, as I said, most Tau don't understand the true nature of Chaos, partly through this information being hidden by the Ethereals, and partly because of their lack of affinity for the warp. As such, they think that it's just another xenos species, and one that they've deemed detrimental to the Tau'va. In fact, most daemons embody the Mont'au, literally meaning "The Terror" which was a dark time during the history of the Tau.

That said, it's not impossible. Tzeentch has many convoluted plans that can bring at least a Cadre or two around to ally (or even join completely). Nurgle is sneaky too, and often unleashes a plague, the salvation from which can only be found through his worship. Khorne and Slaanesh would probably be the ones that a Tau would be least likely to join. Khorne is most like the Mont'au, whilst the hedonism of Slaanesh probably doesn't mesh well with most Tau, who are all brought up from generations of structured state-serving order.

So the most likely scenario I can see is Nurgle infecting a group of Tau and then promising relief by devoting themselves to him. But to be honest, Tau souls are relatively tiny blips compared to humans and eldar, so the Gods probably wouldn't even bother.
  8. Fireeye Fireeye Well-Known Member

I personally like to imagine the Tau as a still-squishy form of Necrons, and I think it is heavily implied that the rapid unification and their associated technological prowess was caused by the alteration of the species (specifically the introduction of the Etherial Caste with their Pheromon Organ) at either the hands of the Eldar, the Necrons (most likely the Oldcron Deceiver), or some other unseen force, with Oldcrons being the most likely candidates imho.

As a result, the Tau are not quite as anathema to the warp as the Necrons are (given that the Tau that at least have some flicker of warp presence despite having no psykers), but their technology and rule-heavy society ( =Order) is still the complete opposite of Chaos (= duh).
  9. Fino Fino Well-Known Member

Right,i forgot that Kais was only a Shas'La,my mistake.

Still,there is still a possibility that the Dawn Blade is connected to Chaos,or has it been disproven?I admit,i dont like the Farsight Enclaves,so i am not the best source of intel on it.
  10. Fireeye Fireeye Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count on it. A demon-weapon in the hands of a being that is as visible as a pitch-black cat on a dark, moonless night to demons might not be the best idea.

I remember there were some rumors about it being of Necron or C'tan design.