Background Image

TAC Archetype UAT Nerf Prototyping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Solutions to resolve TAC-GEDDON

1. Remove the 'Rollex' crouch/roll/shoot bug

2. Add a Reload Animation Timer for switching from Knife to Primary Ranged Weapon

3. Increase Ranged TTK by reducing raw damage

4. Increase Ranged TTK by reducing rate of fire

5. Muh Bolter? . . . NOES MUH BOLTER!

6. Other; Please feel free to comment

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

Great... your trying to take away the only reason I bother to shove a chain sword through their face :(

(not really disappointed) ;)
  2. Rollex could for example be fixed by forcing an "uncrouch" before the dodge action is executed. Nothing about animations would have to be done.

On the other hand, rollex could be set to default by forcing a crouch before executing the dodge action.
  3. A small victory by the first of many over the tyranny of the ever enduring TAC-Ocolypse.

I don't want to feel like I have to play TAC Archetype if I want stuff to actually work, it'll be nice when it's like that for all classes.

And come now, there's never a shortage of excuses to put a blade in your enemies face.

Though rare it is to actually get to duel an enemy in close quarters combat without 'muh bolter' interrupting those moments are treasured. The satisfaction of knowing you bested your enemy fairly without the aid of misdirected friendly fire from the enemies team or 'mr helpy helper' Allied ballistic support seem to be extremely rare these days.

There's almost an unwritten 'honor amongst melee' where you can almost feel the respect they have for you when they execute you and vice versa, where every blow is measured and feels right, even if it was a wrong move.

Don't really get that with Ranged do you. lawl.
    Brutuz likes this.
  4. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

Oh god please no. No wonder we have so many armchair devs in here
  5. Wiggles Wiggles Menial

Yep I see what your up to and I hope you keep up the great work and find success in your struggle. And I know how you feel about being forced to play a certain way. Literally in every single multiplayer I play I'm constantly challenging the "norm."

While true its the only legitimate reason I have, if someone tries to shoot me in the face they deserve to be carved apart like the turkey's they are but if you take that away I'm back to the "complicated" love, hate relationships.

Yeah in regards to duels in close combat that is quite the case, You can however remedy the problem somewhat. KILL THEM HARDER DAMN YOU!!! if someone dies before they get there you have no more problems with that. Or become a hyper active spess gerbil as moving target is harder to hit. You couldn't be more right that feeling of self accomplished satisfaction of besting someone in close combat by yourself is to die for. And Ironically I feel that honorable moment in melee most when I'm fighting Orks.

And nope I don't get that feeling at all unless there is something like a ground assault sitting there with a fist/shield combo and while thinking your going to attack prematurely dbashes which falls short and you just stand there instead and with a "nope" proceed to down them with your pistol.
    Schwifty likes this.
  6. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

The best way to sorta fix this would be to remove iframes during rolling and dodging imo. But this would have to be tested as it might break other parts of the game.
  7. Sure, that would do the trick as well.
  8. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

Yet again do you reveal that you don't care about this being a team game, you can have duels in the garrisons but if you're running around trying to bushido 1v1 duel people while abandoning your teammates then you are the problem.

No luckily we don't get that shit.
    Atsidas and Dovydas like this.
  9. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

In contrast to most other shooters, where OHK is the norm, TTK here is already too long, instead nerfing bolter too into what feels like shooting rubber bullets how about we upgrade every weapon else damage-wise a bit so the game becomes more of an shooter and less of an MMO where 5 person have to dps one target.
    EC's problem lays in that undecidedness in if its mechanics are intended to be an shooter or an mmo, apparently the devs intended to create an hybrid at the begin of the road, the current game is what we have got however and i have got to state in its current state is not exactly an appealing design, as reflected by the low amount of players.
    Data8671 and Atsidas like this.
  10. That was a bit of a stretch, really went out on a limb on that one huh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.