Background Image

TAC Archetype UAT Nerf Prototyping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Solutions to resolve TAC-GEDDON

1. Remove the 'Rollex' crouch/roll/shoot bug

2. Add a Reload Animation Timer for switching from Knife to Primary Ranged Weapon

3. Increase Ranged TTK by reducing raw damage

4. Increase Ranged TTK by reducing rate of fire

5. Muh Bolter? . . . NOES MUH BOLTER!

6. Other; Please feel free to comment

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By TAC Archetype I mean each factions version of the Tactical class. I want to actually physically test out a system on UAT that will fix two huge issues plaguing our game;

Firstly;
    -Remove the 'Rollex' crouch/roll/shoot bug
    Which allows the user to bypass crouch to stand animation frames giving instant access to primary weapon fire after rolling.

Secondly;
    -Add a 'Reload Animation Timer' in-between switching from Combat Knife to Primary Ranged Wearpon.
    This would incentify the TAC Archtype to actually engage in close quarters combat rather than just slipping in shots in-between swings.

Those two minor changes would remove the Rollex bug entirely and allow the re-population of all class diversity and put the fun and fairness back into our game.

Thirdly - I've also tossed in a couple of other options in the poll to see if anyone's interested;
    -Increase Ranged TTK by reducing raw damage
    -Increase Ranged TTK by reducing rate of fire

-edit- Eldar raw damage is low enough, lowering it further would be a step too far imo

Other;
    ^ Great idea, All melee weapons speeds to be increased to be the same speed, a little faster than the current Sword model all at the current price increments they currently have.

However seeing as Rollex is still a bug it still needs to be removed so people cant 'opt out' of melee via the crouch/roll/shoot loop hole. Shooting between swings shouldn't be a thing once melee animations are sped up so that part sorts itself out with this method.
    Grammaticus_John and Gravord like this.
  2. Iron Dragon ByeBye Well-Known Member

Other: Leave TACs alone and speed up the melee animations so melee feels more fluid and you spend less time in clunky melee posses.
    Vaanes, DrDooManiC, JojoKasei and 2 others like this.
  3. That'd work too, quite like that one. How fantastic would it be if all melee weapons speeds were increased to be the same speed, a little faster than the current Sword model.

Price tweaks wouldn't need to be done either because slower weapons are incrementally more expensive as they are.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Just remove rolex so the ppl with game mouses cant script it to one key anymore.
    (and than claim they have "skill")
  5. Now please tell me who you want to implement first and second, jbregg or pierrick?

Jbregg already said rollex will be removed, but I don't think it's in our hands to decide when that happens. That's most likely some higher up in bE who has to assign the manpower to EC.
  6. I was not aware of this, celebration is in order.

[​IMG]
    The @jbregg protects!

I don't presume to dictate what, how or when something is done only that there is a problem that needs to be heard, and I am so very, very glad it has already been heard. Do you have the link to the discussion?
  7. This one here.
    I allready pay more for that better weapon, why giving it a drawback?
    Remove the Stun on heavy attack though if you speed the animation up!
  8. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

well that just made the grenades completely useless
    Atsidas likes this.
  9. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

unless they remove i-frames aswell grenades wont do any damage anymore. I´ll have to look at my loadouts but I´m pretty sure grenades are just wasted LP now.
    Atsidas, DrMauf and Zarbustibal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.