Background Image

Swooping Hawks now become spotted when they fly...

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Redthirst, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

I rest my case
  2. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I wrote about his issue in every single one of the posts I've made in the past week.

And yet that wasn't what tiggered the reverting.... gosh I feel so useless.
    IdranelLives likes this.
  3. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

At least that's how it seemed like. Apparently it wasn't even intended, and was more of a bug. And after some consideration, Brent decided to remove it.
    IdranelLives and Safreadis like this.
  4. Blasron Paquet Member

Nice fking shot
    Cegorach and IdranelLives like this.
  5. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Especially considering he's not painting his target with a laser....oh wait.
    Gravewalker likes this.
  6. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

'Member when every single cry post on the general section was about Swooping Hawks OP instead of Fire Dragons OP?
  7. Rathaerion Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Pretty sure JPA gets spotted whenever they fire their jump pack into the air (but not on evade). As far as I remember, it's been like that since 2015.

I'm not 100% sure, but it always feels like I become the center of attention the moment I go airborne on JPA. I'm basically never fighting alone. Someone always comes to the rescue of my target. Also, I've noticed people still turning to search for me even if I'm boosting behind a wall or some other cover... as if they are searching for the red dot on their minimap.

I don't find this to be terribly disadvantageous, however. It just means, as a JPA, you can't air-charge into a melee and expect to not have every enemy in the local area turn on you. Boost and air-charge have to be used more sparingly, to avoid alerting too many enemies to your presence.
  8. Phyrak Phyrak Cipher

A few tweaks need to be made to jump troops in general

Setting off and landing should both be marked on map.

Flight trails need to be standardised.

The JPA should have a longer one due to 'technology' fluff + the fact that they are more often than not involved in melee combat and very much in the fray

Hawks need a shorter one due to their 'flight' or perhaps as it should be called - gliding on rails.

Perhaps another thing with hawks is that they need the anti gravity true flight they have in the fluff - they are the glassiest of the glass faction.
    Give true flight

Eg.

Whilst in the air:
    Space: ascend
    Crouch: descend
    Sprint: boost/1 sec iframes

If no movement keys are touched, hover.
    Remove hover from zoom as this adds clunkiness to the flying/gliding (as it is now) mechanics

Ps. Can we have a super low damage sun rifle that does massive heat/fire damage please?
  9. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

GIBETOME! ALLOFIT!

As much as I'd love to see this come in game, it would have been easier for the devs to go with this True Flight of yours than to create the gliding mechanic, and it basically wouldn't be balanced. It would for sure give them the best way to harass other units, but it would be highly unfair in my opinion.

A heat/fire sunrifle would be awesome, but given we're not getting new weapons, since Heroes are the main concern (with roadkill) right now... not happening anytime soon.

As for trails, I don't mind.

To be fair, I just necroed a 1 month old post. so don't take everything here for granted, it's old.

And yes @Rathael , JPA get spotted when they boost. Since their first implementation.

I'd like to see a "Stealth Jetpack" for JPAs tho. it would take the fuel or fuel regen wargear slot, but would make the jumper not spotted on the minimap when boosting.