Background Image

Swooping Hawks now become spotted when they fly...

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Redthirst, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Raptorfarian Raptorfarian Baharroth's Chosen

You could strip a hawk of almost everything but it's wings and it would still have a role as a scout unit, same for all jump units. Their capacity for harassment and holding up vehicles is just a nice added bonus .
  2. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

I.. I don't know how anyone can play a Hawk at the moment. I'm getting so sick of just dead, dead dead daedeadead eadaedaedadfadeadaedaedaed afjagho!@I{!@! DEAD. and at least that's at warlock hp

Gonna heal DEAD, gonna shoot DEAD, gon---DEAD. Kannons and ace Dakkas and SBs and PCs n ACs and DEAD DEAD DEAD jesus..

played my campaigns as LSM, CSM than Ork all was fine, coming back to my favorite faction Eldar is just painful I feel like I spend more time looking at the damn deployment screen than I do playing. Oh boy but I'm still top 3.. wanna play again? DEAD

edit: finally got into some games with MYST and WP, thank the looOOOoord people I can try to keep alive, things went much better
    IdranelLives likes this.
  3. BIg Time EBola Houngar Active Member

you know this is one of those changes that makes 0 sense. i barely EVER touch eldar and i feel the pain here, they were fine without that added touch because a bad hawk just gets shot midair even with an ork shootah. I feel for you guys the past few patches its not the fact you get nerfed but the fact you get nerfed in nonsensical ways. Hopefully future patches will consist of more than reworks that should have been in months ago and nerfing/awarding content based off of space marine whine threads. <3 to ya eldar, you need it.
    Dragonkindred, Iyan, Sily and 3 others like this.
  4. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Contrary to popular belief, EC never really had "dead" classes. Any class, no matter how nerfed they were, could be played in one way or another. However, this doesn't mean that making Hawks significantly worse at their role as flankers and harassers is somehow fine because they still have other roles that they do well.

The bottom line is that Hawks will always be annoying. No matter how they nerf them, people will cry about whatever Hawks can still do well.
  5. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

As long as the Sunrifle is equipable babies will bawl for it to be banned. Sometimes that's all you've got.
  6. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I've just made a stupid decision, but as if Hawks weren't squishy enough I'll be now playing with challenge trinket on for them.
    Nothing to do with the topic, but I thought I'd leave this here. :D
    Dragonkindred and Orkan like this.
  7. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

In my opinion all units should only be spotted when they are actually marked as spotted or someone lands a hit on them. This should go for all troops. If a tank can drive around not marked on the enemy's minimap until spotted then no infantry class should ever suffer an autospot. That should cover JPA and SH especially in this low EHP patch.

Another thing I think should be removed should be those awful and ugly fluorescent lines that emanate from the JPA jump jets and SH grav packs. It is an unnecessary addition and hand-holding to a playerbase that knows better (well - should know better). The harrassment classes should be allowed to do exactly that and people should keep their eyes peeled and watch their backs for all potential battlefield threats. Those that do are rewarded with justifiable and skillfull kills. The spotting mechanic is in game works great and players should learn how to apply it to give their team the edge.

EC would be a better game for it.
    Dragonkindred, Caentyr, Iyan and 4 others like this.
  8. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

It seems like that issue was fixed as of the last update.
  9. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

Impossible

that would mean the devs actually listen to what is said on these forums.
  10. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Not really. I had to tell it personally to Brent for it to get fixed. Not sure if anyone read this thread.