Background Image

Suspension and Ban Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I. Macha jassz Firebrand

#makemeleegreatagain #MMGA
  2. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

No.

I dunno what the fuck you guys are arguing about, but I've been saying, "Hey, maybe don't fucking BAN people for this when you can just delete the post instead?"
  3. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

No, because in those instances you're just roleplaying a racist. If Behavior had an issue with racist lore, they shouldn't have decided to use the WH40k IP.
  4. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

The intolerance toward using exploits confuses me deeply.

It's because of the wishy-washy nature of what is and is not an exploit. It requires players to telepathically determine whether Behavior is okay with players using a part of the game they created, or not, and risking a ban if they choose to use something.

I mean, the definition of an exploit boils down to, "Part of the game code that provides an unintended advantage when used."

UNINTENDED.

And you only find out what the developer's INTENT is when they ban you or someone else for using it.

It's like if you find a loophole in a rule, and then the response to that is to ban you from the entire game because you discovered a flaw they didn't want you to know about.

It's stupid.

If your code is fucked up, don't punish people for using it. You fucked it up, and gave it to players to use. Why the fuck shouldn't they use what you gave them?

Fix your fucking code if you don't want people to encounter bugs.
  5. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

You find some thing you aren't sure is a bug, glitch, intended or un intended hole. You don't just proceed to keep using it thinking hey its in the game so surly it has to be the DEV teams intent for us to use you. You can submit a ticket and ask them. Also the code can get fucked up all the dam time, input new line some thing can break, transfer code some thing can break, make a value true or false something can bloody break. If devs are good there wont be too many breaks and the break that do occur will be noticed and fixed in time. bE aint that good dev team

Also its the whole we are here to have fun in a fairish manner. We can both shoot , melee, nade and run over each other but when one of us starts to use a clear exploit ( repeat spawn of vets) which is pretty clear its a bloody exploit then it aint fair and it is only fun for one guy. The aim is to have fun for as most people as possible and exploits of bugs, glitches along with cheats only has a certain parts of the population enjoy it not the majority.
  6. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

So, um, my dad was a computer programmer for over 30 years, who worked at one job for pretty much all of those 30 years. He was a pretty good one too.

He got into online gaming with WoW back in 2008.

Eventually he learned about the concept of banning people for abusing bugs.

His comment was essentially, "If you don't want people to abuse bugs in your program, fix the damned bugs!"

I'm hoping you'll take the words of a skilled computer programmer with over 30 years experience over mine.
  7. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Thats sort of what i am saying. Things will break bugs will happen, a good team will find most bugs and fix them. However they are only humans and some things will slip trough when people find these they have the option of reporting it or keep using it under ignorance (some bugs its hard to tell) or under full knowledge its problem a bug.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I think his problem is this.

You create a version of software you are comfortable releasing to consumers.

Some users discover flaws in the software, and make good use of them to benefit themselves.

You then decide to permanently ban these users from ever using the software again, to teach them not to do that.

That's fucked up.
  9. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Aye but bE aint the first ive seen do such. Warnings and such are much better and probably more effective but ala bE has chosen its stance we can only hope they change it in time. Sorry if my previous posts seemed muddle headed.
  10. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

My problem with your posts is that you seem to think that because everyone does it, it's okay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.