Background Image

Suspension and Ban Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

No, but we can inform the original poster to edit and revoke his video and then address mods to remove the video/thread. This way we need not hastily use the nuclear option and ban people who had good intentions.
  2. The OP is the community manager. She is not threatening at all she is telling you what will happen if you break the rules. Posting videos of exploits that are open to the public is the same as explaining how to cheat to others and you will be punished for that. I am sorry to say but that is what the devs have decided will be the outcome of the actions players take. If you don't like that outcome you can try and appeal it but the better idea is to not exploit something in the first place. Also this is there game and they can choose whatever penalty they want for people who abuse things.
  3. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I know.

But this policy does not take into account, frankly, reality.

To summarize the situation that is about to occur as a result of this policy, Behavior is about to start requiring you to harshly punish people who are trying to stop cheating, by treating them as though they are advocating cheating, and then if anyone complains, you will be required to tell them, 'Too bad, should've read this random thread you skipped over on the way to the post button because you didn't know it was important.'
  4. I don't like this rule because I could theoretically do it on accident if I didn't know it was an exploit.
    Caentyr likes this.
  5. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

You could also just show them the vids via link the report instead of posting it here after all as people just so love to say the devs never look here man they don't listen tot he community..*rolls eyes*
    It should be changed so that the 1st or 2nd offense gets nothing but a warning but after the 3rd time they should know it.
  6. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

Wait does this mean those brave souls that partook in the space marine "space program" will all get banned?

That would be a shame

Id show a pic if I wasn't so scared of getting banned.
  7. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

It's a zero tolerance policy.

It's like mandatory minimums in the legal system.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDVmldTurqk

Yes, it's less harmful because this is just a video game, but it's a video game that's supposed to be fun, and it's going to be less fun when people find themselves banned for advocating cheating when they didn't even know they were doing that.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

People don't automatically know to do that.
  9. Its simple if you have something you are questioning as to if its an exploit or not just do not share it anywhere. Submit a ticket and keep the video private.
    jassz likes this.
  10. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Bolter is an exploit post patc
    Ranged is an exploit post patch 1.3

Ban the devs from the balance mines, then ban the entire Ranged community! :rolleyes:

lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.