Background Image

Suspension and Ban Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Trouble is those vids often show how to cheat and before its fixed a good number of people learn from those vids and use it further, with pics they show what exploit they are using but not how.
  2. Git Kwik GitGud Active Member

quick, ban him! ;)

usually the reason people post bug abuse videos on forums is to make sure devs dont have an excuse not to fix it like "well nobody knows about it"
  3. I see what you mean now. Ban does seem kind of harsh when that is the intention. I would like to think that they would look at the intention of the video when deciding to ban someone or not, but I guess they don't say that they will in the policy. @KatieFleming is that accurate?

Edit: They just confirmed that sharing under that circumstance counts as a bannable offense.
  4. Fr0 Fr0 New Member

No.
  5. Git Kwik GitGud Active Member

depends on whether you count exploiting broken game elements as exploiting or not.
    duffmek likes this.
  6. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Anyone interested in cheating in a video game will just go to Google or YouTube and search for the relevant way to cheat in that particular video game.

Keeping that information off the official forums by banning anyone and everyone who posts a link to it for any reason is like carpet bombing in terms of solutions. Way the fuck too much collateral damage for any reasonable person to advocate.
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  7. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

If I find an exploit, I report it immediately and keep it secret. You cant let these things escape to the general population. Its like a virus, waiting to explode and infect everyone.

Stop the spread:
    --> https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
    Forj likes this.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

The odds of people reading stickies before posting a new thread are roughly zero.
  9. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

Its unfortunate, but like in the immediate case with the elite exploit, others who know can message a moderator to remove the post immediately. A stern talking saying "this isnt allowed" is enough in my book unless they are repeated offenders.

We have a community full of veterans and people who have been here awhile. Its our job to put a stop to this and spread the word.
    Sumshine likes this.
  10. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

And the OP is Katie Flemming threatening forum and game suspensions and/or bans for anyone who makes that mistake.

That's not a stern talking to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.