Background Image

Suspension and Ban Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

It's relevant because you said, "Just use common sense and you won't get banned."

Sometimes common sense isn't enough.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  2. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Maybe being passionate about something you don't understand is the problem?

That just sounds rude, let's try again.
    It's ok to not be a subject expert on something and have an opinion on it. But I would hope you reach out to people who are able to give you an informed opinion in broad strokes, and be flexible with adjusting your opinion as the subject develops.

Terms and Services/User Licenses exist as a legal smoking gun. Although you might in your country have unlimited rights, access to a product and the way you use it can be restricted by the owner (it is their product, and you'll see in a number of agreements that you don't technically buy a product, but indefinitely lease it) It's why you can stand in front of a government building and proclaim trees are alien spies with no persecution, but the same statement can get you banned from a building or online forum.

By outlining specific contingencies, companies create the legal framework to annul your lease should they want, based on your behaviour/statements/whatever. Obviously if they have clauses like "join our cult" consumers will not use that product, and so generally the terms are safe to agree to.

There are caveats concerning minors. One is that a minor cannot be forced to uphold an agreement. This means if Visa gives a credit card to a 15 year old and that 15 year old ends up with unplayable debt, Visa cannot actually garnish the child's living. But Visa should take the credit card away.

Obviously companies like Bhvr want the widest audience possible. We as a culture overlook the minutiae in the name of profit and accessibility. This legal framework is only called upon when a customer feels they have been wronged (no you cannot file damages for missing content in EC) or the provider wants to remove a troublesome customer (spamming hatred and such).

This has been an Introduction to Legalese. -Courtesy of the 1% that reads Terms & Services
    Jorimel likes this.
  3. A mod that changes your voice, and unlimited Veteran Spawns are quite a different story gameplay wise, i hope you agree?
  4. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

No shit.

They both get you banned though.

You know, I'm not just talking about this specific exploit that's apparently sweeping the game.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

What tense is the word "didn't" in?
  6. But i only talk bout those.
    Things that give you a clear advantage over others. if you do that and don't feel like you're doing something wrong, something is wrong with you. And people whining for getting banned because of those show even less common sense.

On whatever you are talking also about, dunno
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  7. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I'm gonna give up. You're not getting it and you never will get it.
  8. Exactly my thought :D But hey, let's sagree to disagree and call it a day
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  9. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I kinda want to tell you where to shove it after that condescending crap you just said.
  10. You can of course also do that, and it would greatly improve the conversation climate, but if that makes you happy...? I can't promise you to reply to that however so... do at your own risk :p
    Jorimel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.