Background Image

Suspension and Ban Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

They did do something wrong though.

They broke the Terms of Service.
  2. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

This is national law that's being pointed out, not ours. This applies to all services. It's why they block you if you aren't 13. You are also not allowed to submit personally identifiable information if you are under 13, as you are not supposed to have that data. Again, laws of the land.
    Forj and Whitefox550 like this.
  3. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

See, the thing is, I'm actually arguing against banning people who post information about exploits because they think they're reporting it, because they didn't know how to report it properly, because they didn't read the sticky, and then people were like, "Your fault if you didn't read," and I was like, "They don't read," and then we got here.

You know, I've seen Overwatch players who've received automated Silence penalties for playing Torbjorn on Attack, and they got up to 4 months (starts at 1 day, doubles every time) because they didn't know there was an option to Appeal that and that Blizzard will lift it?
  4. they may have or may have not read it or check the website
    noone can check if one or the other is true

i never read any of this but i know how to not get banned
    by simply following my instincts
    Jorimel, Forj and Whitefox550 like this.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

:: nods ::

Now, guess what.

I had no idea about anything you're explaining to me.

Because I don't know how to read legalese properly.

Because I don't spend my life writing it.

What good will reading the Terms of Service do for me, given my total lack of comprehension?
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Not going to change a single bit either. In fact, if a person does claim ignorance and just wants to inform, that's part of the conversation they have with customer support and can be the difference between a warning and a ban, and the length of said ban. It's why we have customer support. We're nice like that.

And that's the end of the subject. Don't cross the troll line too much.
    Jorimel, Forj and Whitefox550 like this.
  7. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Fine.

And don't call me a troll for being passionate about something I legitimately didn't understand.
  8. Cmon people, use common sense and you don't get banned.

You know darn well that you are not supposed to spawn more veterans then 1 during a match, right?
    Even without reading the Website, you should know that, enough explanation on that. And now we get the multi-veteran exploit...

If i encountered this exploit, and repeated it ONCE just to see if it's really what i think it is, quit the game immidiatly and make contact with Zen-desk, never do it again despite my knowledge (also visible in the logs that i didn't play more veteran time that i should be allowed to) i wouldn't get a warning or a ban, or? In fact, nathan even said you get RTC or Req or whatever for that

We talk about people who made videos showing people how it is done or playing full games as veterans only... If you don't feel like a cheater, you shouldn't be in an online game and a ban is more then justified
    Forj likes this.
  9. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I once got a 3-day suspension in WoW for hacking because I found a sound mod on Curse that would change my Worgen character's voice into a Human character's voice.

It didn't seem like cheating.

Still got the suspension.

Blizzard never lifted it, and they never told me that that was the source of the suspension because they don't tell anyone what they got suspended for beyond the very vaguest terms.
  10. This has nothing to do with this topic at the moment
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.