Background Image

Sun Rifle: Dumbest Decision Yet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wiawyr, Oct 18, 2016.

1. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

The sunrifle is fine, the only time the blinding effect even matters is if you haven't found the shooter within 3 shots and he's flying in the air, which isn't likely.

Besides...is melee really so strong that you are calling for nerfs to weapons that just suppress/blind you now, not even kill you?
    Nyet likes this.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I'd rather have long range weapons on harasser class that is supposed to attack from unexpected angles.
    You want to be close range ambusher, green spandex.

If you love SMGs so much, pick a blue spandex guy.
  3. Bijyu Bijyu Active Member

I really liked the idea of the sun rifle. So I used it and constantly lost fights and thought to myself "does this thing even really blind or was that flavor text?"

Sure enough when I eventually was hit by a guy using it against me and I saw that all it does it apply some yellow dots on the OUTSIDE edge of my screen. Immediately unequiped and have never gone back.
  4. EL-MACHINO EL-MACHINO Steam Early Access

I bet u did not see that comeing
    PrincessSkyheart and Solblind like this.
  5. Sorry, but isn't this a much weaker version of the suppression applied by heavy bolter & equivalents?
    Far as I know there aren't any loadout options to mitigate that either and the counter is to take cover, then shoot from elsewhere or if you're a melee class trying to attack that position, go around (or just use a transport).

In the Sunrifle's case the gun doesn't actually forcibly spread your aim all over the place unlike the HB equivalents, so it's taking away less control from the player than those guns are. Plus it's got a pretty low damage as mentioned.
    Gaan_Cathal and YojimboJones like this.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

The pun would be awesome if the weapon actually worked like OP makes it seem :rolleyes:
  7. YojimboJones YojimboJones Arkhona Vanguard

I'm mostly pissed that you can get grip and barrel mods for the Sunrifle out of 30k loot boxes. The same boxes that give you powerful, class defining weapons like the Hunter's Mark also give you crappy mods for crappy guns.

Honestly the Sunrifle is just a flavor gun. You fly around, you sprinkle pixie dust in your opponents eyes, you fly away.
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Well, if the Solar Flare actually could benefit from its increased RoF, that would be a decent weapon to consider using over Hunter's Mark.
  9. Rakza Rakza Preacher

That's called a Support Gun not a Flavor Gun.

And for the Lore Bullshit I saw earlier in this post : Hypocrisy at its finest.
    If the lore was revelant in this game :

Melta should annihilate everything coming at range
    Plasma should annihilate any kind of Armor / Flesh hit by a plasma projection
    Bolter should be a Double Damage weapon : Penetration then Detonation
    Healing Classe should not even exist

And Orks already win the war, we have no Flamethrower to purge all the Spores they are leaving behind them.
    LOBOTRONUS, Wiawyr and Galen like this.
  10. EX0DUS EX0DUS Prefectus

The Melta I cant argue with.
    Plasma does Annihilate any kind of armour.
    Bolter double damage? Penetration? Isnt that what Krak rounds are for?
    Apothacary's do heal. Read a book : ). (Perhaps not as portrayed in the game)

Yes, Bring in the flamers!!
    RedComet likes this.