Background Image

Suicide bombers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Obbu Obbu Confessor

I'm not a fan of the shooting-grenades-to-detonate them, personally. It's a fun idea that unfortunately leads to nothing but cheese.

The ease with which you can throw a grenade then detonate it mid air in someone's face with no chance to dodge using hip-fire is plain silly.

If they wanted more realism it should be shoot the grenade to disable it (a torn apart grenade that still manages to explode would do less damage, not more). But Honestly, I think they should just be non-shootable.
  2. Cheeki Breeki brahknight Active Member

Fun Fact: Shooting a grenade in real life actually disables it. By that i mean it just breaks it.
  3. Alb - Alb Alb Steam Early Access

But this is the far future with science space magic where anything is possible. Doubly so if you're an ork.
  4. Cheeki Breeki brahknight Active Member

I know i just wanted to put in a little fact.
  5. Soltarn Necrosis First Blood!

6. I'll give you a practical reason why I say absolutely not, Eldar vehicles. A prep time for Melta turns using it on them from unlikely to nigh impossible and those road kill machines don't need a buff.

Using it to kill infantry is just called tactics.
    Necrosis likes this.
  7. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Simple, apply a sin penalty for suicides. If you wanna go Allahu Ackbar, that's fine, but it's technically a TK (yourself).
    No_1 likes this.
  8. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Not going to lie, even if they did that, I'd still do it all the time.
    Kenshi and Kaptain_K_Rool like this.
  9. Zewks Recruit

Meltabombs in melee are just the act of a desperate player base who is suffering from so many people taking advantage of the piss poor balance melee mechanics right now.

Take at look at the sheer number of melee players each round. THAT is why metlabomb suicide is even a thing.
  10. I use krak grenades on my tactical/traitor loadouts.

Really knives stand no chance against melee classes, so when I know I'm screwed I'll stick them with a krak and then immediately melee them before they can roll out causing a suicide but their death.

Otherwise if you stick them they just roll towards you grenade gone.